OMG Great Pyr.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OMG Great Pyr.....

Saw a new great pyr on my schedule today and got that sinking feeling in the pit of my stomach, just knew it was going to be a nightmare!! The sweetest dog in the entire world, only reason I didn't end up on top of a tall building with a sniper rifle. Was able to get a #3/4 blade and #3 under all that **** after 7 baths and skimming off 5 inches of **** first.
    Attached Files

i would call that a miracle makeover! did he say thank you after you got all that mess off? :-)

Comment

Wow, poor things (both you and the dog!). He/she looks much happier now!

Comment

That is amazing

You did such a beautiful job on that poor doggie. Hope you treated yourself with a special dinner and desert after that workout.
        Money will buy you a pretty good dog but it won't buy the wag of it's tail.

Comment

Holy cow, hope you charged enough for that mess!!! You did an unbelievable job getting her white and clean (and saving some coat!).

I don't mean to be critical, but do you see how big and fluffy the head still is compared to the body? Would it have been possible to blend it a bit? I've never done a Pyr, so don't know how the coat would lay... Of course it might just be the angle of the picture that makes it appear that way...

At any rate, you did a fantastic job, and I hope you're not too sore!!

Comment

Upon seeing that dog come into my shop I would have cried for 3 hrs!

You did a beautiful job! Hope you got a nice BIG tip and a thank you.
            "There is no psychiatrist in the world like a puppy licking your face."
            Diane

Comment

Originally posted by Ruggins View Post
              Saw a new great pyr on my schedule today and got that sinking feeling in the pit of my stomach, just knew it was going to be a nightmare!! The sweetest dog in the entire world, only reason I didn't end up on top of a tall building with a sniper rifle. Was able to get a #3/4 blade and #3 under all that **** after 7 baths and skimming off 5 inches of **** first.

7 baths?? You poor thing.
              I got a #3 through a Pyranese once before, in the same condition, and I think it was my worst grooming experience ever. No amount of $$ would have been worth it!

(Well ok, I could come up with a figure to make it worth it, but it'd be big!)

Comment

great minds think alike

Originally posted by Pixie View Post
                Upon seeing that dog come into my shop I would have cried for 3 hrs!
                That was my first reaction, too!!

Comment

Pixie's post said it perfectly! My thoughts exactly!!!

You did an AWESOME job!!!!!

Comment

dying to know

How long did it take you?

I had two and one was 5 and one was 4 hours.

I took a long nap afterwards!

Comment

Amazing.

Diemonster, I think the skin is falling over the tether strap. It looks like he has loose skin in that area.

Comment

Originally posted by diemonster View Post
                        Holy cow, hope you charged enough for that mess!!! You did an unbelievable job getting her white and clean (and saving some coat!).

I don't mean to be critical, but do you see how big and fluffy the head still is compared to the body? Would it have been possible to blend it a bit? I've never done a Pyr, so don't know how the coat would lay... Of course it might just be the angle of the picture that makes it appear that way...

At any rate, you did a fantastic job, and I hope you're not too sore!!
                        No offensive but after she got finished with the groom I am sure she wasn't too concerned about blending the head......... She was probably exhausted and from what condition the dog came in as I am sure the client doesn't care much........ We had the same thing last week and after 4 baths and 2 continuous hours of clipping I didn't care if it was purple, just so the dog was comfortable..... I was beat and just so happy to be finished because my right arm was falling off.

Comment

I give you credit for taking the time to save a little coat. If it was me, I probably would have taken a 7F to the whole dog. (I cannot see spending 3 hours in a mobile van with that, and the customer wouldn't be able to afford it). You did a beautiful job....you definitely cleaned every part of that dog to sparkling!
                          don't find yourself up a creek without a poodle.

Comment

You did a wonderful job, I would have cried if it were me. Just the thought...I would have been like...

WOOO HOOOOO I HAVE A BATHER NOW!!!! lol

Seriously, the head doesn't look "un" blended to me, it is too hard to tell, and even if it was, the owner should be GRATEFUL.

Tammy in Utah
                            Groomers Helper Affiliate

Comment

blending

It actually is blended in pretty well, I used a #3/4 and #3 on body and a 1 inch guard on the head, most of that is floppy skin pushed up into the grooming loop. There was a bit of a shelf in back, but only because I had to start him with a #7 to find skin...

Comment

Working...
                              X