Beauregarde's modified continental

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beauregarde's modified continental

So this is the same guy that had the modified Town and Country a few months back. Mommy wanted a completely different look so we went with a Continental. Another first for me so it took waaaaaaay too long cuz I had only a show picture I found to go by. He's SUCH a good boy and him momma loves him dearly and I love them both. He's over-sized and has tuck-up flab that's hard to work with in a fuller clip. Though I really think this trim suits him the best of all the trims I've done on him. The ears are growing out from a Euro trim I had him in last year (didn't look good on him at all). The tail already grew out.

SO! Comments, suggestions, etc. The usual. Thanks!
    Time to soak my poor arm...
    Attached Files

Very nice. Everything looks to be pretty much where it needs to be, and I agree, he looks good in this style. I love an owner that has the oomph to go against the flow and get the 'poodley style' rather than the cut it short! Why buy a Poodle , if you are not at least going to have some fun with a style! Guess that's the groomer in me talking...huh?

Very nice job.

Comment

Nice job. This may sound weird but I had a dream about THIS dog last night. Can't remember what it was about but HE was in it. I know I looked at theis picture right before bed so maybe that is why he was in my dream. LOL!

Scoop

Comment

Very nice job.

Is it just me or are his rosets (sp) too high on his back and his jack not back to the, is it the last rib or the second to last rib?
        "There is no psychiatrist in the world like a puppy licking your face."
        Diane

Comment

he's so cute he looks like a lab in poodle clothes

nice work! he does have a flabby tuck up.

Comment

I think he looks great too! My only suggestion would be to try and make him smile for the camera....lol...he looks so "put upon. BTW, what is the secret to getting the perfectly round rosettes?
            SheilaB from SC

Comment

Beautiful!
              Any owner would be thrilled with that groom!
              www.gomobileandsucceed.com
              http://thesuccessfulpetgroomer.com

Comment

That is a GORGEOUS groom girl!!!! You did an amazing job...My little icon says it all.

Comment

Originally posted by Pixie View Post
                  Very nice job.

Is it just me or are his rosets (sp) too high on his back and his jack not back to the, is it the last rib or the second to last rib?
                  Thank you all for your thoughts and opinions. He's such a GREAT dog. I love him and his mom to bits! "It'll grow back" is her opinion. I LOVE HER!

To answer your question, Pixie, I am pretty sure they're in the center of his hip bones, which is where my boss said to put them. And she set the back of the jacket and I think it's at the last rib. It'll be tweaked then next time I see him. That's what happened with his last "do". I tweaked it each time I saw him till it looked a bit more correct.

Sheila- My boss also said that show people usually use really big (like 7-11 big gulp type) cups to shape them. She brought me a big tupperware bowl. I just stuck it where I thought the hip bones were and I used my Moser around it (#9 rvs on him since he's never been that short). Near perfect shape to work with. Some adjustments were needed to match.

Comment

Originally posted by azoci View Post
                    Very nice. Everything looks to be pretty much where it needs to be, and I agree, he looks good in this style. I love an owner that has the oomph to go against the flow and get the 'poodley style' rather than the cut it short! Why buy a Poodle , if you are not at least going to have some fun with a style! Guess that's the groomer in me talking...huh?

Very nice job.
                    I agree with this. The poodle looked great and i love that the owner is curageous enough to get a poodle style. I get the types of owners that say "oh just shave him donw all over". I wish i had an owner who would change the style of their dog regurarily. Good job.

Comment

Very nice! Poor guy does have tuck up flab though... He obviously doesnt stick to his south beach diet and pilates and strength training

Great job!
                      Tammy

Comment

You Can Groom Like That.........

And just started working mobile for yourself? You should have NO trouble getting and keeping clients with skills like that!

Comment

What a big cutie pie. Looks like you had fun that day. If I may make one suggestion it would be to move his jacket back 1.5 to 2 inches. there should be about 1 to 1.5 inch gap between the rosettes and the jacket. The jacket should start about 1 inch past the last rib. So to achieve that you can also make the rosettes a little larger. But either way you did an awesome job scissoring him.

Comment

Working...
                          X