Overgrown cocker!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Overgrown cocker!

So this is Candy. She gets a modified cocker clip, 7 on the body, #0 on her legs, no skirt and a cocker face but no crown (yes, she likes the seal look). Didn't get a good picture of her body afterwards, but she's a real cutie. Pretty nippy if you don't do what she wants you to though

And I can never get the attachments in the right order. Oh well!

~Rachael
    Attached Files

Cute...It's always nice to be able to see their eyes again.
    "The more that you read, the more things you will know. The more that you learn, the more places you’ll go." ~Dr. Seuss

Comment

Sweet looking dog. I generally have trouble with the upper edges of the ears, too. They are always too fuzzy for me.
      "We are all ignorant--we merely have different areas of specialization."~Anonymous
      People, PLEASE..It's ONLY a website!~Me

Comment

what a cutie
        "No matter how little money and how few possesions you own, having a dog makes you rich." - Louis Sabin

Comment

Cute!
          The way I do the ears to get a tight edge is to take a 30 or 40 to the insides of the ears, a ten BACKWARDS on the outside, rolling the blade over the edge of the ear, like I do a snz and then scissor the edges with shears afterwards.
          <a href="http://www.groomwise.typepad.com/grooming_smarter" target="_blank">My Blog</a> The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why. –Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Particentral View Post
            The way I do the ears to get a tight edge is to take a 30 or 40 to the insides of the ears, a ten BACKWARDS on the outside, rolling the blade over the edge of the ear, like I do a snz and then scissor the edges with shears afterwards.
            Good tip, thanks.
            "The more that you read, the more things you will know. The more that you learn, the more places you’ll go." ~Dr. Seuss

Comment

Sure looks different after all that hair is removed! Sure is a cutie.
              I do the ears almost the same as Particentral does. I just don't do the ten BACKWARDS on the outside, rolling the blade over the edge of the ears.
              "There is no psychiatrist in the world like a puppy licking your face."
              Diane

Comment

She looks so cute!

Comment

well thanks guys!

and thanks for the tip about the ears; i'm always paranoid i'm going to nick 'em (bad experience with a schnauzer) so I tend to leave a bit more fuzzy than I should...

Comment

She has a really cute face...and it looks so much nicer w/out all that brush on it!
                    I kept wondering how in the world you could miss that one really long hair that went from her cheek to her nose...then I finally reached out and brushed it off my computer screen for you, lol! Looked SO much better...minus the Sibe hair.

Don't be afraid of the 30 and 40 blade, like Parti was suggesting. I use a rather light hand with them, and honestly feel like it's safer than monkeying around w/ sharp shears if you aren't used to it on the edges, tips, flaps, etc. on ears. Just go in like you are landing a plane...not stabbing a mortal enemy.
                    Often it's not what you say, but how you say it.

Comment

Originally posted by 4Sibes View Post
                      ...not stabbing a mortal enemy.
                      Avoid the maniacal laughter too, tends to scare them.

Comment

Working...
                      X