Maizy the Monkey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maizy the Monkey

Oooh, I think this is my first shop dog I've posted here! Not that I have anything against the shop dogs. Sometimes I find a nice surprise at the shelter, giving me a chance to try something new; today, Maizy's groom was extra special.

We're still not quite sure what breeds she is. Her mom said that there were Maltese, Yorkies, and Poodles running around the place she got her from. Anyway, Maizy comes in with a tangled coat and a huge mat on one of her tiny ears. We decided to shave both of them off, and decided we liked the look. Took the coat off with a 4F, finished with a 3/8" snap-on, and rounded that little head. She looks like a stylized Affenpinscher, or else just a monkey! And the best part? Mom LOVED the trim! I hope she decides to keep her like that - the look is really all her!

I've never groomed a monkey before
    Attached Files

I can see why mom would've liked the way Maizey looked, she is cute! I really lioke the clean trimmed ears, they are nice on so many dogs!

I might've taken a bit more off of the sides of her head, tho'. It is nice and round, but over-all she is a bit "head heavy" due to her body being so short.

nice job!
    sittingpretty

Comment

Very cute!

Nice groom! She does look a little like a monkey in a cute way!

Comment

That's indeed....a very cute dog J.C. Your scissoring skills look fantastic! She has one of those beautiful black and velvety coats too.
        The tiny sticky-outie ears are darn adorable clipped short.
        Often it's not what you say, but how you say it.

Comment

Originally posted by sittingpretty View Post
          I might've taken a bit more off of the sides of her head, tho'. It is nice and round, but over-all she is a bit "head heavy" due to her body being so short.
          Funny thing about that is, we debated taking her head shorter. In the end, we decided that it might take away from the cuteness factor, especially since the hair on her head is actually thinner than that on her body.

One thing's for sure: this week, I found that I am definitely a fan of this style of ear!

Comment

She looks so cute!

Comment

Very cute. Do you have a job at a salon now?

Comment

Working...
              X