My Attempt at a German Clip

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Attempt at a German Clip

What do you do when you walk into the shelter and see a dirty little Poodle? Make him extra manly!

When I first saw Tiny, his ears were long, and his body short. Someone left a ton of hair in the middle of his topknot; even though you can't really see it in the before pic, the comb tells all. His undocked tail had a little curl to it, making a really nice pom impossible. It was that last attribute that convinced me to try a German clip.

At first I was worried that it wouldn't look right, on account of his body being so short, but a few clipper strokes later, I knew I made a good decision. He was the talk of the kennel. I think his Bichon buddy was a little envious

Comments? Critiques?
    Attached Files

He looks like he's ready to go to his forever home. You did a great job on him!
    "There is no psychiatrist in the world like a puppy licking your face."
    Diane

Comment

He looks like a very nice manly little guy.
      Good job!

Comment

Good One

He looks so happy now!

Comment

He's a stud muffin fer sure!!

It's telling of how much pride you take in your work, the fact that you were nervous about how a shelter dog would turn out. Usually "clean and short" is the fashion for the poor pound puppies.

Nice grooming!
          SheilaB from SC

Comment

He looks great

You left enough fur for his poodle feet to show a different length. He doesn't look scalped. He also looks happy.

Comment

He looks so adorable.

Comment

Thanks everyone!

Shelia, the way I see it, the cuter the haircut, the faster he goes home. Plus it's great practice for the shop dogs.

Jen, I just scissored up his body. Whoever groomed him last must've done it in a hurry. He had "sticky-ouuties" all over the place.

The shelter opens up for adoptions again tomorrow - everyone keep your fingers crossed for him and his Bichon buddy!

Comment

Very nice! Suits him well. Why would such a cute ,and sweet little fella end up in a shelter?
                  "Everyone needs something to beleive in..I beleive I need another Poodle"
                  Quote:Cath

Comment

Working...
                  X