Mini Schnauzer...sooo much fun!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mini Schnauzer...sooo much fun!

This is Jazz....the best schnauzer in the world! She was an angel for everything! I couldn't belive it! Please give me so tips if you would...she came out nice but something about the pattern just doesn't look quite right to me...hmmmm
    Attached Files

Wow!!!

Comment

Who Knew she was so cute?

WoW she looks like somebody loves her now! I bet they Do too!Maybe a tad lower on the fringe. Her chest looks too full....is it fat or fur? If fur, I would make it closer to chest. She looks sweet.I bet the owner was pleased.

Comment

Very nice job. She was sure hairy to begin with. I'm sure the owner loved it.
        Thanks for sharing!

Scoop

Comment

Okay, overall you have the basic pattern. But, you have to think neat and tidy. First you have left too much of a skirt. You need to think furnishings. Schnauzers don't have skirts. Take the whole thing up. You leave barely any furnishings starting at the tuckup, working downward towards the elbow. The chest should not drop below the elbow. Also, now Schnauzers are shown with less of a bib. You need to come straight down off of the chest with your blade, straight across. What did you do for the eyes? I am not sure if I see two eyebrows or if you have just a visor there.

They are one of my favorite breeds to do.

Comment

Thanks for the tips barknpurr. Your definatly right, I did leave way too much skirt. I think I'm still a bit nervous about taking too much off. Here Is a pic of the eybrows. I know they are a bit short. Also, they were very curly (took a long time to get them that straight). Any tips on getting better eyebrows?
            Attached Files

Comment

I agree with the last post and one more thing I would change is the pattern on the back leg. The lowest point of the pattern should be at the bend in the knee, it looks like you may have taken the leg too far down, I see that a lot, people tend to take it all the way to the hock. But the correct way is at the bend. He looks very nice though you did a great job.

Comment

Originally posted by barknpurr View Post
                Okay, overall you have the basic pattern. But, you have to think neat and tidy. First you have left too much of a skirt. You need to think furnishings. Schnauzers don't have skirts. Take the whole thing up. You leave barely any furnishings starting at the tuckup, working downward towards the elbow. The chest should not drop below the elbow. Also, now Schnauzers are shown with less of a bib. You need to come straight down off of the chest with your blade, straight across. What did you do for the eyes? I am not sure if I see two eyebrows or if you have just a visor there.

They are one of my favorite breeds to do.
                Looks to me that she is very fat and that's why it looks like there is a lot of bib left. The sides do need to be dropped to the elbow and skimmed off more, and shortened some, especially up toward the flanks. Than as mentioned the line on the back legs is too low, as it should be above the hock, but with the dog being so fat, maybe it looked better being lower.

Comment

I'm no expert on Schn. but I would have a little more space between the eyebrows and make them a little more narrow.

She sure was a hairy little lady wasn't she!? You did a good job. Just try to do the other things that were mentioned and you'll do fine. I'm guilty of leaving the "skirt" too long on most of my Schn, that's how the owners want it. I'm going to try and start talking them into letting me take more off and get more of the proper look.
                  "There is no psychiatrist in the world like a puppy licking your face."
                  Diane

Comment

Working...
                  X