X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Particentral
    replied
    Originally posted by RudyRoo View Post
    What a name,,Mungo,,,,hehehe. The skirt looks like you ran your clippers horizontally along the body and stopped at the skirt. On the sides, try to follow the hair growth and scoop at angle downwards to blend the body & the skirt. Not sure that explains it right,, maybe somebody can splain better
    that is what I was thinking too. Follow the way the hair grows, down towards the table, not a traight line. Float the clipper off as you get to the under furnishings. that will help. Same thing on cockers.

Leave a comment:

• Jenneversage64
    replied
    I would blend the skirt into the sides and back.

use thinners or even just the attachment comb. I also use a stripping knife to smooth out the undercoat and then the fur lays nicer. I also neaten the ear edges more. Shave the tip of the ear with a 15, 30 or even 40.

Leave a comment:

• RudyRoo
    replied
    What a name,,Mungo,,,,hehehe. The skirt looks like you ran your clippers horizontally along the body and stopped at the skirt. On the sides, try to follow the hair growth and scoop at angle downwards to blend the body & the skirt. Not sure that explains it right,, maybe somebody can splain better

Leave a comment:

• liiikesunshinee
    started a topic mungo loves carrots!

mungo loves carrots!

this is mungo. he's really obnoxious and tends to bite a little bit. but if you give him LOTS AND LOTS of carrots, he might let you groom him and keep all your fingers (:

i think this is my first "successful" westie cut. i did a 4f back (they don't like it shaved), A comb head, and scissored the skirt minimally. i feel like the pattern line on his skirt is god awful ridiculous. i tried to use my blenders to fix it but it didn't seem to do anything. any tips for next time?

the LAST picture is the before photo..the uploader window is being cranky.
    Attached Files
Working...
X