No announcement yet.

Another Schnauzer B & A (links inside)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another Schnauzer B & A (links inside)

The before pics don't even do justice to the lack of blending. lol I even brought my notes book up to make sure the owner wanted the correct schnauzer cut (in case she liked it that way). Mustluvdogs, I think if you saw the pattern in person you would leave in search of a grave to go roll over in. lol

Before:
    http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m...e/DSCN0699.jpg
    http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m...e/DSCN0700.jpg

After:
    http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m...e/DSCN0702.jpg
    http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m...e/DSCN0703.jpg

The head still needs work, it was very...poofy. He had a really nice (albeit matted) coat for scissoring, but it made his beard poofy, I think some of it needs to grow out and other parts I probably should have trimmed differently, it just didn't look right.

Nice skirt. You did a great job blending. I would have used thinning shears on that face to calm it down a bit. But others may have better advice.
    If your dog is fat, you are not getting enough exercise!

Comment

What a difference! I agree, you did a great job blending

Comment

That looks awsome! You go Girl. I would agree with you on the face thoug, just a snip more on the eyebrows, and under the jaw. But all you hard work paid off of that skirt.

Comment

Maggy, Actually I am very open-minded

I don't care how other groomer do Schnauzers...I only offer advice when asked. I did my little Candy once with (natural ears) shaved tassel ears, curly poodle type head, no slant on rear thigh, ansd a curly tail. I also like the fluffy untrimmed ones at times. The best look is too hard..hand stripping, I did once on Pirate. Once, I said.I have a pic but can't getr it to go thru. Shrink photos saved my sanity. Photobucket, I could not get to work. Even in the Sailor pic of Jax as a young fella, I could have blended his fur moregoing into the fringe. Many years ago when I was 19, 20s I assisted an AKC breeder shower in Calif. Then my only shop experience was with Harry who showed and handled Standard Schnauzers. I am not perferct, and probably passed my prime now. I just recently learned how double thinners make things even better.So, I don't understand the meaning behind your statement. I think your dogs look fine. The better the conformation etc on any dog, the better the opportunity for great results.I think the magic is when we get an average dog and make him look unique or special.I can't do those gorgeous competition Poodles some of you do.I cheat. cuz schnauzers are easy, I think compared to those!Please excuse typos, I tried to catch them but missed a few.

Comment

Thanks!

I left the beard alone except for a little shaping underneath, the nose has been shaved and has to grow out. I can't tell if it might just need to grow out to be uniform in length in order to lay flatter.

His coat was very thick and straight, I only fluff dried him part way but he was getting nutty so I had to kennel dry him the rest of the way and he looked like he had been fluff dried all along.

Comment

Originally posted by Maggy View Post
              The before pics don't even do justice to the lack of blending. lol I even brought my notes book up to make sure the owner wanted the correct schnauzer cut (in case she liked it that way). Mustluvdogs, I think if you saw the pattern in person you would leave in search of a grave to go roll over in. lol
              The head still needs work, it was very...poofy. He had a really nice (albeit matted) coat for scissoring, but it made his beard poofy, I think some of it needs to grow out and other parts I probably should have trimmed differently, it just didn't look right.
              The body looks great. Good Job! I would take the sides of the brows shorter so to see the eyes better. I like long eyebrows, but they need to be narrowed more by gettting closer to the head. Sometimes I even put a little curve inward some. I would possibly thin out under the eyes some. I usually use and upside down 7f to do it and strip out the top of the nose with a stripping comb. It does look like the front of the beard is a little short though.

Comment

Mustluv, I was just teasing because I noticed your posts about schnauzers are always very detailed.

If I had a schnauzer I'd do all sorts of things to him/her, it seems all the schnauzer owners I've gotten have always been very particular, a schn. cut w/ schn. face, a short schn. cut w/ schn. face, or a strip w/schn. face. lol Only once have I been asked to shave the beloved beard, and it was a grumpy old dog that bit anything that came near his face, so it didn't get done anyways.

Comment

Oops, I should clarify that the eyebrows came that short. lol

Here's an up close before pic of his face:

http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m...e/DSCN0701.jpg

Ignore my finger, I was trying to catch his attention so he'd stop looking away.

Comment

I just noticed, in the background of the last pic I posted is Big E. His owner boarded him, then said he didn't want him (didn't want to pay the bill is more like it) but won't sign him over and pay the bill. So, poor Big E. is stuck being boarded indefinitely and the guy's bill is adding up daily. I feel bad because the kitty is sweet, I'd take him home if I could.

Comment

I went WOW WOW when I saw his body, it is just beautiful! Then I saw his face and I thought, he needs a little more work on it, didn't really look finished to me, sorry. I think his brows need to be a little more narrow and his beard needs straighter lines, more of an angle coming from the corner of the eye.
                      I still have trouble on schn. heads so I guess I shouldn't talk.

But WOW on his body, that is a work of art!!!!
                      "There is no psychiatrist in the world like a puppy licking your face."
                      Diane

Comment

lol Pixie, I need you to move to FL to compliment my work like that every day.

I agree about his head, I had a hard time with it, and was worn out from the rest of the groom because it took me forever to demat him. If he comes in like that again, I'll have to shave him, I actually did shave the inside of one of his legs with a 4, it was just too matted. Luckily I was able to leave enough hair that it didn't show up too badly.

Comment

Ok, now I have offers to move to NJ, so I will have buffet partners and now one to move to Fl. to compliment your work. If I keep this up I'll be able to go to a lot of different states and meet a lot of groomers!!! LOL
                          "There is no psychiatrist in the world like a puppy licking your face."
                          Diane

Comment

Working...
                          X