Standard Poodle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Standard Poodle

So today I had a 12yo apricot standard come in. I've never groomed her before, and we haven't seen her since 2007. She's been going to another place but couldn't get in. When I felt her during check-in I expected the worst. But luckily I was able to salvage her, -without- dematting. We have a new Master Blaster HV dryer that did the majority of the work, and then light brushing did the rest!

Her topknot sucks b/c her hair is really limp. I didn't have any Thick N Thicker spray either, so I had to make do.

I know I have to work on my hand scissoring but I adore doing standard poodles. I just wish they didn't take me so dang long!
    Attached Files

shes a gorgeous color. She looks nice!

Comment

Great job!

You did wonderfully, the owners are very lucky!

I am not a Poodle expert, but isn't she a red?? (Not apricot) Maybe some Poodle aficionados can tell us.

Comment

She looks very nice. Good job.

Comment

The owners said apricot, so I'm not sure. She definitely is a deeper color than the other apricots I do, so it's certainly possible!

Comment

You did a great job on her.

I would call her an apricot. She's actually a true apricot. Her color is even thru out her coat. Most that are referred to apricots (little tinge on the ears) are not true apricots. More of a cream color with tinges of darker ears.

Red is a deeper, darker color.

Comment

What a very pretty dog! You did a nice job!

Comment

She looks great! Wow, don't ya hate those dead topnots? Maybe you could glue her topnot to stand-up? Just kidding. Hehaw. You did great in my book!

Comment

Working...
                X