Pinkgroomer asked for it!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pinkgroomer asked for it!

this is Smitty. This is my first time posting photos, so don't be too harsh!
    1 & 2: before
    3&4: after
    5: after-after. I fixed the sticky-upy on his head.
    Attached Files

What a cutie! Love the groom.
    Is that a yorkie/pom mix? So dang cute.
    "There is no psychiatrist in the world like a puppy licking your face."
    Diane

Comment

He's cute

What clippers are those red ones in the background? Did you go reverse with the attachment comb? I have suction and do mostly reverse and it works well. However I need a new door and filter for my equipment. I don't like to use my wet fry vac because it has a (can't get out stink no matter what) smell. You did good. I would check feet at tip of toes a little more.

Comment

Thanks for the notes!

Pixie - he is a pom-a poo (another poodle mix!) We have a couple and they are all really cute. Thanks for the compliment!

Jenn - Those are my newest clippers, the german fav-5's. They are the new german red clippers that take the standard A-5 blades. They are awesome! I used a Whal SS comb the regular way and neatened up with scissors. Thanks for the note, I see what you mean about the feet. I was so focused on the sticky-outies on the head I missed it!

Comment

Originally posted by Jenneversage64 View Post
          What clippers are those red ones in the background? .
          I KNOW! I KNOW! those are the Aesculap Fav 5 clippers! I was with her when she got them
          What a caterpillar considers the end of his world, we call a butterfly.

Comment

Nice!

the smell in the shopvac is easy! Change the filter, and then clean the HOSE and canister with bleach water, letting it sit overnight. You have to run the water through the hose to remove the bilt up hair and dirt from the ridges, but it works.
            <a href="http://www.groomwise.typepad.com/grooming_smarter" target="_blank">My Blog</a> The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why. –Mark Twain

Comment

OT re: shop vac

Originally posted by Particentral View Post
              ...You have to run the water through the hose to remove the built up hair and dirt from the ridges, but it works.
              I shot warm h2o through the hose and it was amazing what kind of goop shot out of it. My boss said I gave the shop vac an enema and laughed her tush off.

Parti: Thanks!

Comment

I think if ever I was going to get a small mix breed dog, it would be a pom a poo, they are the cutest little things! Every one that I have ever done was cute as can be. Too bad they seem to be little pills, lol. I attempted to use one in competition once-he was AWFUL! Cute as cute can be, but an absolute devil to groom, lol. I knew this going into it, but thought I would give it a try.

Comment

Now that I have a little more time to post, I will! LOL. I think he looks great. And you said you had problems with heads. I think that is one adorable head on that dog, very nice!
                  What a caterpillar considers the end of his world, we call a butterfly.

Comment

Oh, Hairy! What a doll! I Luuuuv those ears! Too cute,,and great groom!
                    Human kindness has never weakened the stamina or softened the fiber of a free people. A nation does not have to be cruel to be tough. ~Franklin D. Roosevelt
                    www.ChrisSertzel.com

Comment

That is a VERY cute little dog. The groom is so cute!

Comment

I KNEW IT!!!!!!!
                        I knew you were amazing and you just didn't know it! Now that you look at that picture can you see how beautiful you did??? I absolutely adore pom-a-poos. They are so cute, i like how you did the head and ears. I almost always accidentally clean away too much and they look doofy. That dog looks precious!
                        Congratulations posting your first picture! It's scary isn't it? I knew you were good. I am so happy you were confident to post!!!!

Comment

very cute. i see a very nice job done. keep up the good work.
                          Certified Master Pet Tech Pet CPR, First Aid and Care Instructor
                          "Compassion will cure more sins than condemnation." Henry Ward Beecher US Congregational Minister 1813-1887

Comment

I can't tell how good you all are making me feel! I was so nervous posting my first pics. I had taken pics in the past and always deleted them because I saw a flaw somewhere. Pinkgroomer nudged a bit when I saw her at NEPGP and, well, I finally did it. And look! Constructive criticism (which I love to get) and lots of compliments. You all are giving me a much needed boost of confidence as I go forth and look for a new job. Thank you.
                            Ok, ready for more feedback now!

Comment

Watch your feet make sure when you're shaving the pads you are not catching the hair from around the foot. Put your curves to the table when your are rounding not up next to the foot. A good trick for getting that head nice and plush is to use a soft brush and a flea comb the remove and loose hair. Hold the tip of the ear and gently brush the Whole ear against the grain -inside and out. Seems like a very small detail but it makes a big difference. Have you ever used a good pair of finishing thinners? I just got may first pair last year and I'm in love with them now Anyways, They will get rid of those little PIA lines that you cannot get out with your clipper or scissors. Your general lines are right on the clip suits the dogs conformation and that is something a lot of groomers have a problem with. Good job chicky

Comment

Working...
                              X