Nastiest dog I ever had!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nastiest dog I ever had!

I thought you all might get a kick out of this one. This a a poor ,old, OAY shavedown I did while in school. It's a cockapoo by the way. The mats were so bad I had to use a 30 all over! I felt so bad for this girl. She was so good too!
    Attached Files

She looks very happy with the job you did on her!

Comment

So sad, great job though!!

Comment

She looks relieved! It's that time of year again......

Comment

that is the most naked I've ever seen a dog, except hairless breeds. But she actually looks happy. Surprised she was still standing by the time you were done.

Did you consider a wet shave? I recently wetshaved a toy poodle, I was able to use a #5 rather than a #10 or closer than what he probably would've been. I washed him, then used the HV nozzle to help loosen the mats for a moment. Then as he was still mostly damp, I used the 5. Then I rewashed him.

His owner was convinces I switched him with another dog, because he always had him shaved at a shop and he was always naked. But when I was able to save the coat a little, he was very happy. I had even gotten him to rebook an appointment - woo hoo!!!

Comment

[QUOTE=Crystal;33321]that is the most naked I've ever seen a dog, except hairless breeds. But she actually looks happy. Surprised she was still standing by the time you were done.

Did you consider a wet shave? I recently wetshaved a toy poodle, I was able to use a #5 rather than a #10 or closer than what he probably would've been. I washed him, then used the HV nozzle to help loosen the mats for a moment. Then as he was still mostly damp, I used the 5. Then I rewashed him.

I'm still not sure how wet shaving works, does it make the hair looser from the skin or something? How are you able to save more hair that way?

Comment

WOW! That is an amazing before & after...I think she looks beautiful. Maybe a little bald, but if she's only a oay dog that's not such a bad thing. Perhaps she'll have a couple extra months of not being matted to the bone just becuase she was taken so short. All oay dogs that come to me for shavedowns get a clip with nothing longer than a 10. I also wet shave on occasion just depends on the circumstance. I try to do what's right for each dog and situation. With wet shaving it does leave the hair longer, sometimes you can work the mats away from the skin enough to get a longer blade in there too. But it may not have worked with this dog - those turtle shell like mats are hard to work loose. I probably would've done the same thing as bullylover with this particular dog. Nice groom on such a sweet girl...Thanks for sharing!

Angie, you're right, it is that time of year again...Ugggh!!!

Comment

When I read your heading I thought it was going to be a mean dog that tried to eat you up!!

He sure does look a LOT happier with the after. Great job. I would try a wet shave too on your next one. Leaves a bit more hair.
                "There is no psychiatrist in the world like a puppy licking your face."
                Diane

Comment

Wow and you were a student ? Nice work. Looks very smooth. I have already gotten one this year that was similar.

Comment

She looks grateful and proud

I think she looks great, so smooth, no sticky-outies on legs. At first glance, she looks like a white beagle.

Comment

You did a great job for something that tough. she looks much happier now.
                      Never gonna know if you never even try

Comment

Great job, can you imagine how relieved that dog was? She must have felt like a puppy again.

Comment

Working...
                        X