Wet shaved cockers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wet shaved cockers

Here are two cockers that I wet shave today. They were extremely dirty and matted. Mom wanted them left three quarters of and inch long, because it is still cold. The Bathing Beauty had a hard time working, because it was pumping muddy water. They got rebathed after being clipped. I was able to use a 3f on most of their back, and a 4f on their legs, and a 5f underneath and their feet. I could save her ears, but his I used a 4f on. Their sides looked so choppy after they were dry that I used a 5f to try to get the chop marks off. They have very curly hair any way.

These two cockers were found running loose on some street when they lived in another state when they were about 3 mos. old. They were unable to find where they belonged, so they kept them. I have been grooming them every fews months now for 2 years. They are the prettiest cockers I have ever groomed, and the best acting, and no health problems. I tend to think someone stoled them from a high quality breeder and got scared and dumped them.
    Attached Files

They both are GORGEOUS Bear! I was so excited to see you posted more pics....Your grooms area always magnificient!!! Those were some muddy paws in the before pic, no wonder your bathing beauty was pumping dirty water. But they sure turned out pretty. I think it's hard to leave a cocker coat that length and not have a choppy appearance. It seems like it has to be shorter or longer to look smooth for me. But yours look great! Interesting story behind them, looks like they've found a good home and a wonderful groomer!

Comment

Gorgeous

Comment

Thanks! I really love these two dogs. I have never gotten to do a cocker clip on them yet, yet they are such pretty dogs. They love to be dirty, so Mom just gets them clipped short. They are too fat now to look good in a cocker clip now anyway.

Comment

Beautiful! I always hate to do a three or four on cockers, because they tend to leave tracks, but they turned out great!
          Scratch a dog and you'll find a permanent job. ~Franklin P. Jones

Comment

They look great! I thought even the before picture, that little buff one IS really pretty (even though in need of a do!)! I love their faces!

Comment

Great job it's so hard to do the longer blades on cocker w/o marks. The blk and white has a very pretty profile. And the b4 on the buff OMG I would die if mine had feet that muddy
              Never gonna know if you never even try

Comment

chunkie buggers lol. I just did their siblings today lol. I have 2 at the same house one is a buff and Jackie is b/w. They are so good. Not to mention spoiled. They have not EVER been left alone in 2 years. They both go to the grocery store and wait in the car with dad etc. This means these people don't even go out for dinner. What spoiled little munchkins lol. Wish these people had some of my other clients dogs lol
                If your dog is fat, you are not getting enough exercise!

Comment

Working...
                X