EXTREME makeover Standard Poodle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EXTREME makeover Standard Poodle

I just did this guy-finished about an hour ago and had to post right away because this was SOOOOOOOO extreme! His before picture doesn't do him justice as to how really long he was! His owner was wonderful, and said I can use him in Competition (anywhere I want). He is from excellent lines. I am sooooo excited and had so much fun doing this groom!!
    Attached Files

what did you use on his body? also, what is that behind his head? above his ear?? on the pic it looks like a line..maybe its the loop???? He looks faboooou!! that WAS an extreme makeover!!!

Comment

great job looks awsome

Comment

That was sooo amazing, I had to look like 3 times!!! OH, he is so beautiful!!!

Comment

WOW! WOW! WOW! What an difference....are you sure its the same dog?lol

How long did it take you to do that poodle? How long did it take to dry?
          don't find yourself up a creek without a poodle.

Comment

Wow! Wow!

WOW from me too!! AWESOME groom winterroo - he's stunning! I am so envious of your scissor skills, I would LOVE to finish a poodle like that with such perfecto lines. A beautiful transformation - thanks for sharing!

Comment

WOW. what is hanging off his nose? That is an awesome job. Now if only you had cleaned your table before taking that pic lol. You are getting your photogrophy skills from Tammy lol
              If your dog is fat, you are not getting enough exercise!

Comment

Awesome groom! What a difference from before to after!

Comment

Thanks everyone! I did him in a 1/2 Wahl on his body and scissored crest, tail and legs-of course. I was going to fully scissor him, but he was matted on his sides and the !/2 went under most of the matting after I bathed him. The thing on the end of his muzzle is a little goatee. He looked very handsome with it! The thing above his head is the crease (sp?) from the noose. I did try to clean off the table, but I had to hurry cuz his owner was going to be in any minute. She was awesome!! There is nothing better than the "Is that really my dog????" reaction! She thought he was one of mine! She was stunned! This was his first time here. I loved her and loved the dog! It took me way longer than I would have spent on any other dog, but well worth it. If it were any other dog/customer, I don't think I would have put that kind of effort into it. I really wanted to get her to let me use him, so I had to make him extra special! She did give a nice tip too...

Comment

Lovely, just stunning. Very nice job, too. Why did she let him get so long? Did she brushed?

I like how you use your kennels for storage...I do the same thing with one kennel, I put all my clean towels in it, lol.

Tammy in Utah
                    Groomers Helper Affiliate

Comment

Beautiful job! You should be proud! Did you clip his ears and tail short because they were matted, or for style? I like it either way and was just wondering. How long did he take you altogether?
                      SheilaB from SC

Comment

Thanks! She worked on him as hard as she could...she has lot's of little kiddies...he obviously wasn't beyond saving, but still a mess. I shaved his ears and tail cuz that was what she wanted (they were salvageable). He took me about 5 1/2 hours of working time. Like I said, were it any other dog or person, I probably would have shaved him! Something in my gut said to stick it out! She was so thrilled!

Comment

Excellent job Winteroo. I hope my poodle looks that good when I finally groom him. How old is the dog?
                          What does a dog do on it's day off?

Comment

Thanks, Luvpups. He is about 18 months. I recieved the nicest email from her today!

Comment

Stunning is the first word that came to my mind too. He sure is a handsome lad now! Beautiful work, Winterroo!
                              Sheri

Comment

Working...
                              X