Pug Mix

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pug Mix

This is Max, he is about 11 now. He is a pug mix of some kind I have never been able to figure out what the mix is. I suspect some sort of terrier?? All I know is he is a sweetie. His tail never stops wagging. When his hair is long it is wirey, sticks out all over. He gets an a/o shave and a little visor over the eyes.

The people who took him in 10 years ago said he was dumped out by the side of the road.

Scoop
    Attached Files

That's quite the transformation. Nice job.

Comment

Edited.
      Last edited by pamperedpups; 02-20-07, 12:30 AM.

Comment

I am w/Pampered, I like his fuzzy coat, but ya gotta do what the customer wants....lol... W/that coat, he looks to me like a Cairn Pug mix, the face actually has a little Affenpinscher (sp?) look too.
        SheilaB from SC

Comment

Yes, I too like coats left on dogs like this. I groom a dog that looks sooo much like that---a pug mix---and he is 48 lbs!!!! When the owner told me she had a 50lb. pug, I was like, "yeah whatever, he's just fat. Boy did I about fall off my chair when I saw him. He's FAT!

Tammy in Utah
          Groomers Helper Affiliate

Comment

Pug mix

Originally posted by sheilabgroomer View Post
            I am w/Pampered, I like his fuzzy coat, but ya gotta do what the customer wants....lol... W/that coat, he looks to me like a Cairn Pug mix, the face actually has a little Affenpinscher (sp?) look too.
            I adopted a pug/cairn mix today, and mine is darker black/brown kinda calico looking. That dog is defintelly looks just like the one i got today. exactly, besides the color. so i say he's cairn and pug.

Comment

Cairn is exactly what I thought when I first saw him. Funny looking dog. I'm guessing that is a designer mix that will never catch on.
              "The most affectionate creature in the world is a wet dog." -Ambrose Bierce

Comment

Hmmm

I would have to agree that the coat in the first pic looks cairn-ish, but he also seems longer in the body than the two suggested breeds, I have a client with a chow mix that everyone in the shop thinks looks like an ewok from star wars, her owner refers to her as her "human society special" I think that's what ya got a humane society special lol

Comment

My first thought was also Cairn mix. You made him look just like a pug! (I would have tried stripping that coat... did you card it at least?) Nice job on the groom. Who would dump such a cute little dog?

Comment

Originally posted by Scoop View Post
                    This is Max, he is about 11 now. He is a pug mix of some kind I have never been able to figure out what the mix is. I suspect some sort of terrier?? All I know is he is a sweetie. His tail never stops wagging. When his hair is long it is wirey, sticks out all over. He gets an a/o shave and a little visor over the eyes.

The people who took him in 10 years ago said he was dumped out by the side of the road.

Scoop
                    >>>

I swear I do his sister. Her name is Zamboni. She is a Pug, Brussells Griffon mix. I bring her down with anything from a #7-#3 depending on the season. I leave a little bit of a beard and shave her eyebrows, next time she comes in I'll post her pic.

Comment

Working...
                    X