X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• need feedback

need feed back on my grooming job this is my 4th week in grooming school
    Attached Files

4 weeks in....are you loving grooming school? I'd love to hear more about your experiences.

This dog is a cutie...I think you did a nice job. Did you do this dog at school, or on your own? The only thing I would say to make the dog look better is to fluff dry the dog. The hair looks a little kinky on the legs. On the head, maybe take a little bulk off were the ears meet the head? That's just a personal preference though.

You are definitely well on your way. Keep up the good work.
    don't find yourself up a creek without a poodle.

Comment

Nice job. cute dog
      If your dog is fat, you are not getting enough exercise!

Comment

Looks good! Isn't it fun to take a scruffy dog and turn her into a cutie?

You could eliminate some of the reddish color around her mouth - just carefully scissor away some of the worst strands. (I like to use my 3" ball tips for that.)

Comment

hi thanks for the feed back yes i did it at grooming school that dog name abbey is my sister's dog i brought her in school i really dont like the face it looks weird i agreed it need fluffy i cut it too short and whats 3 ball point for the reddish around the mouth?

Comment

For four weeks of schooling your doing great. This dog would please a customer, but her head is too long and will grow out too fast for a pet groom to me. I would have cut the hair that is hanging in front of the corner of her eyes towards her ears shorter (like bangs) Her beard length under chin is great but the top of her moustache and the roundness of it, is too full for my taste. It almost comes up to her eyes. I would have tightened it up a bit(make it smaller but still sweetheart style.

Your really doing great!

Comment

Originally posted by Moongal View Post
              and whats 3 ball point for the reddish around the mouth?
              Just a little short pair of scissors. They have a rounded tip (ball point) so they are safer around the face.

Comment

I'm agreeing you have done a pretty good job after only 4 wks of school.

The very first thing I noticed was that the coat seems a little to curly, needs to be straighter, IMO. A little more work on the feet, you have left some stickie outies that could really be trimmed up and it would make the foot look more round.
                I think the head is too long for the length you have left the body, needs to be trimmed up to make it look more round.

You are headed in the right direction. Keep working at it.
                "There is no psychiatrist in the world like a puppy licking your face."
                Diane

Comment

You did a great job. Keep on grooming and practice on whatever you can get your hands on. My dogs started running and hiding while I was in school. Every time I learned something new I came home and practiced it on them
                  "Whoever Said That Money Can't Buy Happiness Forgot About Puppies"
                  Nancy

Comment

I agree that it's a good job for only 4 weeks in school.
                    I'm thinking that you might want to ask your sister what she feeds Abbey because of the staining.
                    I only ask this because I have a pure white Shih Tzu and he had staining like that. Looked like he stuck his face in mud. I changed his food to Solid Gold and started giving him all natural treats. It's been a few months but the staining is starting to go away.
                    Just something to consider
                    Tzugroomer

Comment

I think you tidied up the face really well (scooping the eyes and such). The photo isn't the best, but from what I can see, I'd brush/fluff dry or hand dry the feet a little more. If you only have a high velocity dryer, then start to dry the legs, then brush them while holding the hose between your knees, then finish drying, go to next part of the dog and do the same thing. If you DO have a stand dryer, then brush and dry at the same time.

Good job, 4 weeks of grooming school and you'll be passing us all by in no time!

Tammy in Utah
                      Groomers Helper Affiliate

Comment

hey thanks all for the feedback ill send you another one in 2 weeks to get your more opinions oh yeah im enjoying it very much just need all the practicing

Comment

did a good job. wow only 4 weeks in. great job. although i would have taken a little more off of the head (unless the owner wanted it that way) but great job.

Comment

Working...
                          X