Why do I torture myself

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why do I torture myself

No wonder my back hurts. This is Luna. Luna is a good boy, but can't keep him dry because he keeps slobbering on himself. He is also VERY stubborn. Needless to say, I am exhausted. Now I have to make cupcakes for my daughters school party tomorrow.
    Attached Files
    If your dog is fat, you are not getting enough exercise!

I love those big beautiful guys. A great Pyr. (actually 2 of them) were some of my first dogs I groomed when I became mobile. Unfortunately they were shave downs, matted, matted, matted. (Lets see, I groomed them in July, so I should be hearing from them around May, lol!).

He looks very, very happy, and quite the character, in the second picture.
    don't find yourself up a creek without a poodle.

Comment

Whoa, he's a BIG boy! But golly, how cute is he....He looks especially pleased in the after pic - Awesome groom!!! Hope hubby gives you a massage tonight! And I could totally go for some homemade cupcakes right now(HUGE sweettooth at the moment)...What a good mom you are! Between being moms and groomers when do we have time to breath???

Comment

Well, hubbys back hurts worse than mine if you can believe that. He has a hurniated disc and I have a pinched nerve on the mend. I only have 1 cupcake pan that makes 6. UGH. I over filled the first batch and gave up for the night. I will go to the store in the am and buy some, so I guess that makes me a bad mom lol
        If your dog is fat, you are not getting enough exercise!

Comment

My daughter grooms her daughter's former 2nd grade teacher's dog which is golden and sammy, but is a big as any Great Pyr., and she feels obligated to keep doing him, since she was her daughter's teacher, whom just loved her daughter. My daughter is wasted everytime she has to do him, which is fairly often.

My husband bathes for us now that he is retired, but before he was retired he would come by the shop on the way home. My daughter can sweet talk anyone into anything, and one day when he came to the shop, she already had Dakota finished, and asked Roger if he could please bathe Dakota. Well, he decided to be strong, and said no and got out of the shop. Later that evenning he said, "She didn't really want me to bathe that dog did she?" I laughed and said no, that he was already finished. That is the only dog he will not do for her.

Comment

Hope you are feeling better...

IF I could manage that gorgeous dog (which I could not) I might try to wrap a towel around his neck as a bib until I was almost finished with him.

You did a fantastic job, by the way.

Jodie

Comment

He sure did turn out pretty, Diamie! You did a great job! I hope you made a fortune!

Tammy in Utah
              Groomers Helper Affiliate

Comment

Looks good

Hope you recover. I did a newfie recently, and it took a long time. I worked, briefly mind you, for a place that bathed a Great Pyr. for less moula than a chain store was charging for lab bath, or a Shih Tzu groom.
                Money will buy you a pretty good dog but it won't buy the wag of it's tail.

Comment

Handsome boy! Don't feel bad about not being Betty Crocker tonight too. You've had an exhausting day. I'm sure the kids will gobble up those store bought cupcakes too.
                  Sheri

Comment

Edited.
                    Last edited by pamperedpups; 02-20-07, 12:36 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by diamienono View Post
                      Well, hubbys back hurts worse than mine if you can believe that. He has a hurniated disc and I have a pinched nerve on the mend. I only have 1 cupcake pan that makes 6. UGH. I over filled the first batch and gave up for the night. I will go to the store in the am and buy some, so I guess that makes me a bad mom lol
                      NOPE!!!! It makes you a working mom!!! I have today off and I am debating w/myself....should I make the party goodies or buy them? I will probably make them so I can feel like a "good mom".......hmmmmmm..... or maybe I will just buy them so I can spend more time on the board today....lol Either way the kids really don't care just so long as they have that bag of goodies to take w/them. We do the homemade things so WE feel good!!! hehe
                      SheilaB from SC

Comment

Diamie, I forgot to add on my other post something BeyondBlessed already mentioned. Bib tie or clothes pin a big towel around his neck when you finish. It really does help w/the slobbers!
                        SheilaB from SC

Comment

Nice job! I wouldn't worry to much about the cupcakes. Like someone else said the kids will gobble up the store bought ones just as quick as they would homemade I hope your back feels better soon (hubby's too)

Comment

Nice groom! I do the bib idea previously mentioned with one of mine and it works great. This big guy looks so likeable!

Comment

Beautiful dog, you did a great job on him. I was also thinking you should tie a towel around his neck to catch all the slobber, maybe even make him a very large bandana out of a towel and he could wear it all the time. lol

I don't think your a bad mom for not making cupcakes. You're just a very worn out groomer with a sore back who would much rather rest than do the cupcakes. Been there done that. lol The kids don't care anyway, at least you'll get them some pretty cupcakes from the bakery. Now a days that is a lot safer, schools don't like you to bring in homemade food anymore, do they? I think my oldest daughter told me that, they want store baked goods. what the world has come to.
                              "There is no psychiatrist in the world like a puppy licking your face."
                              Diane

Comment

Working...
                              X