Golden doodle coat question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Golden doodle coat question

Have a friend who wants her girl groom poodle style but her coat is very soft and fluffy. She does get a poodle cut but her coat flops just wondering how I would groom her so the coat "stands" up some. Any ideas would be appreciated. Thanks

hmmmmm

Originally posted by mimi4neeyah View Post
    Have a friend who wants her girl groom poodle style but her coat is very soft and fluffy. She does get a poodle cut but her coat flops just wondering how I would groom her so the coat "stands" up some. Any ideas would be appreciated. Thanks
    I've Done my Fair Share of Golden Doodles, If its not poodle enough it likely wont stand. pictures!

Comment

There are some products that can help, but if the hair isn't dense and curly, you'll never get the true Poodle look.

CC Thick 'n Thicker is pretty good, and I've heard great things about Bottoms Up, although I haven't tried it yet.

Comment

Most Goldendoodles have a soft coat, so no product in the world is going to make it stand out like poodle hair. Look the client in the eye and tell her that if she wanted a poodle cut, then she needs own a poodle ! I do a lot of Goldendoodles and I use a 1/2" snap on the body, legs, and top of head, leave ears, tail and muzzle long per client request.

Happy grooming a doddle

Dolly's Barking Bubbles, LLC

www.dollysbarkingbubbles.com

Comment

Thanks so much this really helps[emoji3]

Comment

Working...
          X