X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sudzy Paws Offers Full Works

https://thesouthern.com/business/loc...5fcee13ab.html

As he neared completion of his marketing degree at Southern Illinois University Carbondale, Alex Sikich was not sure of what would come next. He knew he liked animals; while in college he had a couple of dogs and, in his words, a badly matted cat.

“I don’t remember what exactly sparked me to think about going into pet grooming,” he said. “I was embarrassed to take the cat anywhere because I had let it get too out of hand and so I shaved it myself. That was when I realized I could do this.”

Sikich discovered a grooming school affiliated with the Petropolis boarding and training facility in Chesterfield, Missouri. There, he found a passion, a career and a partner for life. Once he received his certification, he worked at Petropolis, where he met Candace Rickert, who would become both his wife and business partner.

A few years after moving back to Southern Illinois, the pair opened their own pet grooming business, Sudzy Paws in Carterville, where both work to keep area dogs and cats looking their best.

“We’re both certified and that’s something you don’t find often in our area. In reality, anyone could say that they are a groomer, but we do a lot of dangerous things with scissors and clippers and, unfortunately some people don’t know what they are doing,” he said. “Everything we do is the way it should be done and I think that is important.”

Apparently, so do Sudzy Paws’ clients because Sikich says the company has been busy ever since they started...............
    Coordinators post updates to the message for grooming events, members contests, PG.com Classified Ads, GroomerTALK Radio shows and PG.com Magazine online.
Working...
X