X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Cleveland Heights Grooming Shop Puts Dogs First

http://www.freshwatercleveland.com/b...oom092518.aspx

It’s only been one week since Linda McFadden opened Lee Road Dog Grooming, but she has already built a customer base and potential customers are stopping in. After all, it’s hard to miss the hand-painted pictures of a ladylike pup donning a flowered hat and the pink and purple hues that adorn the small storefront on one of the newest additions to the Cedar-Lee District.

“People pass and they come in and say, ‘I just saw your shop,’” she says. “[Or] they say, ‘I was driving by,’ which is very nice.” When they do stop in, they most likely will get to meet McFadden’s two toy poodles: YaYa, an American Kennel Club (AKC) champion show dog, and Alice.

McFadden was born in Glasgow, Scotland, and went to school in Jersey, Channel Islands of England. She grew up around show dogs and has a “lifetime of professional dog grooming experience,” having followed in the footsteps of her mother—a recently-retired Pekingese breeder and toy breed judge in dog shows. McFadden also trained as a veterinary nurse in London before coming to the United States to show dogs.

While McFadden owned a successful dog grooming shop for more than 20 years in Mill Valley, California (near San Francisco), she moved to Cleveland Heights one year ago in search of a change. “I got tired of the traffic, it was really getting on my nerves,” she says of life in the Bay area. “I always loved Ohio. I came here first when I moved from England to show dogs in Medina.”

After a year of searching, McFadden purchased her new Cleveland Heights home about four minutes away from her new shop. And, after getting everything up to code with city officials, McFadden opened for business last Tuesday, September 18...............
    Coordinators post updates to the message for grooming events, members contests, PG.com Classified Ads, GroomerTALK Radio shows and PG.com Magazine online.
Working...
X