X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Grooming Salon Specializes in Special Needs Pets

http://www.tiftongazette.com/news/gr...b996352e1.html

TIFTON — Tina Clem, owner of The Loved Canine Pet Salon, which opened last October, has over 25 years of experience grooming a variety of pets.

She has worked with dogs and cats, as well as rabbits and ferrets, but now, because she is a one person operation, she focuses on dogs under 70 pounds, and specializes in those pets that are special needs, such as dogs with anxiety.

“I want to specialize in slow so that I can get to know my clients and their dogs and they can get to know me,” she said.

Originally from the Lexington, Ky. area, Clem decided to become a groomer soon after graduating from high school, when the family dog was sprayed by a skunk and she took him to a school that trained groomers.

She watched the process and decided that she wanted to be a groomer, despite the doubts of her parents and spouse, enrolled in the school and made a career out of it.

She said the job is both personally and professionally rewarding, and that she gets to meet new people and new dogs every day while keeping up friendships with long time clients and their pets.

“Some of them I see so often and connect so well with that they’re like family,” Clem said................
    Coordinators post updates to the message for grooming events, members contests, PG.com Classified Ads, GroomerTALK Radio shows and PG.com Magazine online.
Working...
X