Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How Safe is Your Dog's Groomer

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • How Safe is Your Dog's Groomer

    Thousands of pets are brought to groomers for baths, nail clippings, and fur trims. But unfortunately, things don’t always go as planned.

    For instance, one English Bulldog puppy named Rita died after allegedly being strangled during a grooming session at PetSmart years ago.

    Read on for Rita’s unfortunate case, and the importance of choosing your groomer wisely. — Global Animal

    Before selecting a pet groomer, first make sure to tour the facility to ensure animal cages are the appropriate size, dogs and cats are kept in separate areas, pets are monitored regularly, etc.

    A California couple is suing PetSmart, claiming their puppy was strangled during a grooming session at the store, according to HLN affiliate KTLA.

    Veronica Espinoza and John Benitez say they brought Rita, an “energetic, happy and high-spirited” English Bulldog to the PetSmart in Downey last May, KTLA reports, citing court documents.

    About two hours later, Benitez allegedly got a call from PetSmart saying that the dog was vomiting blood and needed medical attention. When Benitez arrived at the store he saw the groomer cleaning Rita’s ears, according to the lawsuit. “She was gasping for air and she was throwing up blood,” Benitez told KTLA.

    Rita died that morning.
    Coordinators post updates to the message for grooming events, members contests, PG.com Classified Ads, GroomerTALK Radio shows and PG.com Magazine online.
Working...
X