X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oklahoma Sales Tax May Apply to Boarding & Grooming

http://www.koco.com/article/gov-fall...arlors/8526249

Oklahoma leaders now know they will have nearly $700 million fewer to spend. This is still a more than 10-percent cut than what was available last year.

Gov. Mary Fallin is putting out her plan to help plug the budget hole and that means some could see their taxes go up.

If you're an animal lover, you probably like to get your dog groomed. Perhaps, you have them boarded when you're out of town. It's possible you could end up paying more for those services.

“I was so saddened to hear this, because it just hurts me,” said Dishan Lynn, owner of Four Paws Grooming.

Four Paws Grooming is a small business with only three full-time workers and a handful of part-time dog walkers. They're exempt from paying the state sales tax, but that could soon change as Fallin proposed Wednesday to charge sales taxes for businesses like pet groomers, barbers and tattoo parlors.

"This year I was sure hoping to be able to hire more employees and grow my business,” Lynn said.

Now Lynn plans on holding off, as she fears she'll lose customers if she has to charge more.
    Coordinators post updates to the message for grooming events, members contests, PG.com Classified Ads, GroomerTALK Radio shows and PG.com Magazine online.

Grooming and Boarding have been taxable services in TX for 30 yrs.....probably more, that just how long I have been in TX.
    Ain't always easy to stand up for what is right.

Comment

Has anyone switched to having to charge tax on services like grooms, and did it hurt business?

Comment

Pa taxes it. PITA for making change for those customers who don't tip.

Comment

Working...
        X