X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pet Groomer Reports Finding Dead Body

http://wwmt.com/news/local/body-foun...-investigating

PORTAGE, Mich. (NEWSCHANNEL 3) - A body was found Thursday in the front lawn of a Portage business, and police are now calling the death suspicious.
    Newschannel 3 has been on the scene, at Kilgore and Meredith, since the discovery Thursday morning.
    The body was found in front of a pet grooming business.
    Police say a man mowing the lawn noticed something unusual in a cluster of trees, and when he took a closer look, realized it was a body.
    An employee of Pride-N-Joy Pet Grooming called police around 9 a.m. Thursday, letting police know he found a dead man in the front yard. Investigators tell us the body was about 8 feet into a cluster of trees.
    "Anytime someone is found deceased under a cluster of trees tucked away, and looked like they had been down for some time, raises the suspicion as far as it could've been natural or it could've not been natural," said Lieutenant John Blue, with Portage Police.
    Police say the man was a white male in his early to mid 50s, who likely lived at an apartment complex down the road. They think he had been dead about 12 hours before being discovered.
    "That kind of gives me the chills," said neighbor Sheri Levering.
    Levering is one of the few people who lives on the block, which is lined mainly with small businesses.
    "I didn't see or hear anything at the time that would cause me to be suspicious, or I would've called, so I have no clue whatsoever," she said.
    Police could not comment on if the man had any injuries.
    "I'm just sorry something like that happened period, and especially in my neighborhood," Levering said.
    Levering tells us that while she's sad to hear of a suspicious death on her block, she's not surprised.
    "I think we have a lot of unsavory people in this neighborhood, so it really doesn't surprise me," she said. "I don't like it but there's not a lot I can do about it."
    They say the death will remain suspicious until the autopsy comes back.
    Coordinators post updates to the message for grooming events, members contests, PG.com Classified Ads, GroomerTALK Radio shows and PG.com Magazine online.
Working...
X