X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Grooming and Gourmet Treats

http://www.lagrandeobserver.com/busi...rrer=carousel9

A new business moved to town, but its client base isn’t geared toward humans — rather their furry companions.

Pupcakes has expanded from its original location in Pendleton into La Grande after finding many of its customers were traveling from Union County and Baker County, according to Pupcakes owner Lesley Crosby.

Pupcakes offers grooming, as well as gourmet food items and accessories for the four-legged animals.

“The animals are part of their families,” Crosby said. “We want to make sure they’re taken care of.”

The La Grande location opened on June 7, she said. Crosby opened her Pendleton location in 2013.

Crosby said she wanted to be a veterinarian when she was growing up, but due to unforeseen circumstances, that was put on hold.

The genesis of her business began when there was a salmonella outbreak in dog treats, and three of her dogs almost died.

“I’m a pet parent,” she said. “I like to give my animals treats. I don’t have time to check where the treats are coming from or their ingredients.”

Crosby started researching how to make her pets healthy treats at home and then was encouraged to sell those at the farmer’s market.

It was a huge success.

Then she started making dog beds. The rest is history...........

Treats and flea stuff move the best in our grooming shop.

Comment

We sell more treats than any of other retail, about $40 a day average I would say.

Comment

That's pretty good, we sell about $15 a day.

Comment

Working...
        X