X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Day in a Life Cut Above Groomer

http://www.omaha.com/sarpy/ralston/d...276cdf5c9.html

Walking into Ashley’s Pet Spa, there are many things that serve as a greeting.

There are a couple of dogs that might be barking. A cat might be meowing. Electric razors are buzzing and blow dryers are roaring.

“On an average day, I’ll groom probably between 20 to 25 pets,” owner Ashley Cap said.

A day in the life at Ashley’s Pet Spa involves seeing a lot of pets. Cats and dogs of all shapes, sizes, hair types and colors walk through the door looking one way and leave looking shiny and new.

Cap has become a pro at making cats and dogs look good. She has been a pet groomer for about 15 years.

“I started my first job at a dog kennel,” she said. “They also sold puppies so I would wash them and make them look cute. I did stuff like that from ages 15 to 19.”

After graduating from Central High School, Cap wasn’t sure of her next move.

“I wasn’t totally sure what I wanted to do,” Cap said. “I was stuck at 19 thinking ‘Do I want to keep doing dog grooming? Do I want to start my own business?’”

In June 2006, Cap took out a loan and opened her first pet spa location near 89th Street and Park Drive in Ralston............
    Coordinators post updates to the message for grooming events, members contests, PG.com Classified Ads, GroomerTALK Radio shows and PG.com Magazine online.
Working...
X