No announcement yet.

Fire in Grooming Business Was Electrical

This is a sticky topic.
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Fire in Grooming Business Was Electrical

    The cause of the fire that erupted in a Port Huron storefront Sunday afternoon was found to be electrical.

    Firefighters responded to the scene at the Doggy Barber, 2709 Pine Grove Ave., shortly after 2:15 p.m.

    “We had heavy fire showing out of the rear of the building,” said Port Huron Fire Capt. Corey Nicholson. “The building’s actually partitioned into a handful of occupancies.”

    Flames were knocked down within minutes of fire crews’ arrival, Nicholson said.

    Though the pet grooming shop was the only store to see “heavy fire damage,” he said every business in the building had some smoke damage.

    Wilton’s TV and Appliance store is among the other occupants, as is Hydroponics Highway, which Nicholson said saw very little damage.

    He said firemen attempted to bore a hole in the concrete roof of the building for ventilation, but were forced to switched tactics, utilizing fans instead....
    Most questions regarding GroomerTALK are answered in the Board Help Talk Forum. Thanks for coming to our community a part of