Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Groomer Loves Work with Animals (VA)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Groomer Loves Work with Animals (VA)

http://journalpress.com/news/communi...k-with-animals

When Judy Carter was 15 years old she went to a job interview at a pet grooming salon in a dress and high heels. The woman who owned the salon told her to go home and come back the next day in tennis shoes and jeans. Judy did and was hired. That was the beginning of a pet grooming career that has lasted for more than 30 years.
    "The woman who first hired me is still a friend of mine today," said Carter, who now operates the Pretty Pets grooming salon in Colonial Beach. "I love what I do. You can't do this job if you don't love it. The dogs know."
    Carter, who is a Certified Master Groomer, operated Pretty Pets in Alexandria for 25 years. In 2000, she and her family bought a cottage near the Potomac River in Colonial Beach, a place Carter has been visiting since she was a child.
    In 2010, she and her husband razed the cottage they owned and built a large stone residence with a fenced yard, a wrap-around porch and a pet grooming salon. "At first I did grooming part-time when we were in town over weekends," Carter said.
    "We decided to sell our residence and the shop in Alexandria in 2015 and are now full time residents of Colonial Beach," Clark said. Since becoming full time residents, we’re now able to offer more hours."...............
    Coordinators post updates to the message for grooming events, members contests, PG.com Classified Ads, GroomerTALK Radio shows and PG.com Magazine online.
Working...
X