X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jailhouse Going to Dogs

http://news.nationalpost.com/news/ca...ing-to-inmates

EDMONTON — Canada is aiming to turn criminals into dog groomers under an inaugural program offering pet-stylist training for Alberta prisoners.

Starting later this year, the Edmonton Institution for Women will offer vocational training for would-be dog groomers, with the goal of churning out an offender who can become a “full-time, entry-level, finishing groomer anywhere in the industry.”

“An issue we’ll be having is finding sufficient dogs,” says Lyn Cardus, whose Alberta School of Dog Grooming helped devise the program.

Rated for 167 inmates, the Edmonton Institution for Women is home to both maximum- and minimum-security offenders. Inmates range from murderers to drug traffickers and, notably, the prison houses Renée Acoby, Canada’s only female dangerous offender.............
    Coordinators post updates to the message for grooming events, members contests, PG.com Classified Ads, GroomerTALK Radio shows and PG.com Magazine online.

This is only a couple hours from me!!

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Comment

The Women's Prison near me has been doing this for YEARS....and in all those years I have NEVER had anyone trained at the prison apply for a job, nor do I know any groomers who have employed someone from the prison.

Comment

Working...
      X