This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Groomer Business Wins Bulldog 100 Award for Univ of Georgia Alumni

An Alexander City business was recognized as one of the 100 fastest-growing companies owned or operated by University of Georgia Alumni.

Amber Yates of Southern Star Pet Grooming and Boarding on Highway 259 was named to the school’s Bulldog 100 list for most business growth since 2012.

“We are busy,” Yates said. “We are full on holidays and turning away people in the summer. We probably could expand if we wanted to.”

Yates stumbled into the grooming and boarding by chance.

“My parents had retired here and started an alpaca farm,” Yates said. “When I graduated from Georgia in 2003, I moved over here and started helping with the alpacas. I also got a job with a vet in Dadeville. One day the groomer left and they asked if I could fill in. So I taught myself. I told them I would fill in until they found someone and it just grew and grew from there.”

Yates explained the transition from the vet office to the alpaca farm...........................
    Coordinators post updates to the message for grooming events, members contests, PG.com Classified Ads, GroomerTALK Radio shows and PG.com Magazine online.
Working...
X