X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dog Grooming Fundraiser

http://www.itemlive.com/news/a-dogged-effort-in-saugus/

Nadia, a standard poodle, gets dried off after a bath at Poochies Dog Grooming in Saugus, where a dog grooming fundraiser will be held for Save-A-Heartbeat Kitty Rescue and Doberman Rescue Unlimited on Feb. 7.

BY BRIDGET TURCOTTE

SAUGUS — Poochies Dog Grooming, located at 371 Central Street, will hold a dog washing fundraiser to benefit Doberman Rescue Unlimited and Save-A-Heartbeat Kitty Rescue on Sunday Feb. 7.

This is the second fundraiser of its kind for Poochies Dog Grooming, according to Owner Liz Witunsky. The first was held in 2014 in memory of her five-year-old doberman named Takara, who died unexpectedly just months prior.

“It was really sudden,” Witunsky said. “They think she had a brain tumor.

“She was my baby,” she said. “She just wanted to be with you all the time. She loved kids, she loved my son. She was just a great dog. She changed a lot of people’s minds about the doberman breed.”

“I decided to do the fundraiser in memory of her,” Witunsky said.............
    Coordinators post updates to the message for grooming events, members contests, PG.com Classified Ads, GroomerTALK Radio shows and PG.com Magazine online.

We have been asked to do a fundraiser in summer, it will be a first in our biz. If anyone has experience with any pitfalls there might be, please post. Thanks.

Comment

Working...
    X