Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Questions Surround Dog's Death At Groomer

This is just awful! http://www.turnto10.com/northeast/ja...4-12-0002.html

Thats terrible. I dont know what happened with that dog, but my heart goes out to the parents. I want all my customers to not only feel safe when they leave their pups with me, but I want them to BE safe. I will take the very best care of your fur baby. I like to think that safety is the most important thing for most groomers. Dogs should NEVER be left on the table unattended, thats unacceptable. If thats what happened, its certainly bothersome.

Comment

Originally posted by bubblesaway View Post
      That is tragic. I have goose bumps. You can never be too careful in this business. We all have to remember we are caring for living creatures and a member of somebody's family.
      www.gomobileandsucceed.com
      http://thesuccessfulpetgroomer.com

Comment

very sad but don't rush to judgement

If it is determined that the dog died of strangulation or tramua from falling off of a table or out of a tub while attached to chain collar - shame on the groomer/shop and they should get what they deserve.

The article said that further necropsy's were ordered - Why? Perhaps because the marks left on the dog were not consistant with its death. I have seen many active 4 year Goldens drag their owners to and from a car while on a choke chain. I have seen some owners be rather abusive with those collars.

Time will tell. Goldens do have some heridtary health problems that may be the culpurate.

If one does not currently carry liability insurance of atleast $2M and require all owners to sign a release and a medical OK on their dogs when they drop them off (especially on, puppies, old dogs and cats) you may want to look into it.

Comment

Originally posted by Dexy View Post
          If it is determined that the dog died of strangulation or tramua from falling off of a table or out of a tub while attached to chain collar - shame on the groomer/shop and they should get what they deserve.

The article said that further necropsy's were ordered - Why? Perhaps because the marks left on the dog were not consistant with its death. I have seen many active 4 year Goldens drag their owners to and from a car while on a choke chain. I have seen some owners be rather abusive with those collars.

Time will tell. Goldens do have some heridtary health problems that may be the culpurate.

If one does not currently carry liability insurance of atleast $2M and require all owners to sign a release and a medical OK on their dogs when they drop them off (especially on, puppies, old dogs and cats) you may want to look into it.
          I agree with you Dexy, without all of the details it is just hard to know what happened.
          We were boarding a young, perfectly (seemingly) healthy cat. One day the cat just fell over, and died. Turned out he had a heart condition that no one knew about. Not saying this is what happened here, of course, just saying that anything could have happened.
          And so he had choke collar impressions on his neck, could have been there from the owner...maybe it was his own choke collar.
          Of course, I do feel for the owners. Regardless, what a terrible thing to go through, and that poor dog too!
          Scratch a dog and you'll find a permanent job. ~Franklin P. Jones

Comment

OMG, that is such a big NO NO!!!! That's our first rule in our shop, never leave a dog unattended. If you do, no warnings, you are out of here!!

Comment

Working...
            X