Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PICTURES: Pierced "Gothic Kittens" Trial of Groomer (Cat Lost Tail)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PICTURES: Pierced "Gothic Kittens" Trial of Groomer (Cat Lost Tail)

The things people will do for money is truly weird at times and the arrest of Holly Crawford is a good example.

The 35-year-old dog groomer from Wilkes-Barre, Penn., had apparently taken three stray kittens and had them pierced in the ears, tail, and neck. One cat even lost its tail due to a ring used to stop blood flow. She was marketing them online as “Gothic Kittens” in order to make money.

With her trial set for Tuesday, prosecutors are charging her with animal cruelty and inflicting pain on the kittens to make money. Crawford’s defense says that she didn’t act maliciously and that the kittens were treated well. They also say that a sterilized needle was used to make sure they healed well.

The defense is also asking why it is a crime to give piercing to cats when humans get them all the time.

Here are pictures...........

http://news.sky.com/skynews/Home/Wor...00812315187322
    Most questions regarding GroomerTALK are answered in the Board Help Talk Forum. Thanks for coming to our community a part of PetGroomer.com https://www.petgroomer.com.

Originally posted by Admin View Post
    The defense is also asking why it is a crime to give piercing to cats when humans get them all the time.
    I've been following this since I first saw this...PERSON (for lack of a better term)....advertising her gothic kittens on the internet. I hope they nail her sorry hide to the wall - preferably with one of her own piercings.

Cat's cannot give consent. All they can do is voice their opinion at the top of their lungs.

I know, I know...I'm preaching to the choir, aren't I Stephen?

Stephen: Just for the record that was a quote from an article not mine. Do I think this is wrong? It's certainly more wrong than right, and considering that a cat lost its tail? The picture of the ears? Those could get caught easily. Cats get into tight spaces, boxes, jars, etc...that is an accident waiting to happen. The cat could easily rip the ears and what about deformity issues? Legality? Well let the court decide but my heart goes out to the cats being affected and put into potential danger and by someone who is not going to supervise the animals, but sell them, perhaps to the highest bidder on ebay if that is correct? Yikes.
    Guard well within yourself that treasure, kindness. Know how to give without hesitation, how to lose without regret, how to acquire without meanness.
    George Sand (1804 - 1876)

Comment

That is so mean, I have never heard of something like that. Those poor little kittens.

Comment

Originally posted by PuppyFluffer View Post
        hope they nail her sorry hide to the wall - preferably with one of her own piercings.
        Damn right!
        That Tenacious Terrier!
        www.thattenaciousterrier.com
        https://www.facebook.com/ThatTenaciousTerrier

Comment

That just makes me so Outraged!!!!!! I have so many words to say but most of them are not allowed!! I hope she gets what she deserves! That is sick and nasty. I feel horrible for those cats and kittens.

Comment

tattoos

when I was in grooming school we had a guest groomer come in that also did pet tattoos. I had her tattoo my cocker and some other students also had their dogs done, no biggie. but she told us a story, about a guy that brought his dog to her and wanted some obsene word ( cant remember what) tattood on his (dogs) penis. she refused, but heard he did find another tattooist to do this. sick. I dont know whats worse, the idiots that think this **** up or the idiots that carry it out.

Comment

WHAT!

Originally posted by petpalswi View Post
              when I was in grooming school we had a guest groomer come in that also did pet tattoos. I had her tattoo my cocker and some other students also had their dogs done, no biggie.
              I don't see how that is any different than these poor kittens getting pierced. I'd like to know the justification seeing as many groomers will refuse to even de-mat a dog because of the pain and discomfort. And what grooming school allows that?!
              That Tenacious Terrier!
              www.thattenaciousterrier.com
              https://www.facebook.com/ThatTenaciousTerrier

Comment

Sheesh

Some people obviously just have too much time on their hands...What would even make someone think of doing this.

Comment

Originally posted by Canopener Sally View Post
                  I don't see how that is any different than these poor kittens getting pierced. I'd like to know the justification seeing as many groomers will refuse to even de-mat a dog because of the pain and discomfort. And what grooming school allows that?!
                  ALL of my dogs are tattooed as puppies for ID purposes. It seems to be less painful than clipper irritation and is usually healed in a couple of days. They holler worse for being held down than having the tattoo done. I do it myself. My daughter says it is what prompted her to go into tattooing: seeing me do it! LOL

BUT the piercing isn't new. I had a guy once work for me that Pierced ears all the time. I would not allow him to do it on client dogs in the shop. He had to go outside to do it. I thought it was dangerous. His Chihuahua had three holes in each ear and YES they got ripped out. She had ragged edges on her ears.....I truly don't get it.
                  <a href="http://www.groomwise.typepad.com/grooming_smarter" target="_blank">My Blog</a> The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why. –Mark Twain

Comment

pet tatoos

from when I was in school was just a stencil that you put on top of the hair and color. Grows and washes out - doesn't hurt the dog. imo nothing wrong with that.

Comment

Like Ron White says "You can't fix stupid!" Maybe too much drug use fried the woman's remaining brain cells.

Too bad it is unconstitutional to inflict the just punishment for what that young woman did to the kittens. That would be ripping the piercings out and binding a few fingers to the point where they became gangrenous and had to be removed.

After all, if such things could happen to the kittens, it should be okay for humans!
                      "With God's help, all things are possible!"
                      Laura Lee Ray
                      I am kats_melody on eGroomer. Follow my Twitter tweets - @ZOOMGROOM on Twitter.com

Comment

Some livestock is tattooed for identification. Rabbits ears, and when I bred registered boer goats, they had to have ear tattoos also. You get disqualified at shows if the tattos are not in the ears.

Comment

Every time I read more about those kittens I want to cry, and then beat the **** of her, but she'd probably like it ;-(
                          As far a tattoos go, my pups are done at 4wks by my DiL (tattoo artist) because she's fast and effecient. Mama dog and I go for a looong walk while it's being done. I used to do it myself but the older I get the softer my heart seems to get?
                          "The gift which I am sending you is called a dog, and is in fact the most precious and valuable possession of mankind"-Theodorus Gaza

Comment

Tatooing serves a purpose, piercing any pet just is wrong on all levels, good thing we can't realy go take of her, or can we?
                            ~~Everyone is entitled to my opinion!~~

Comment

Working...
                            X