X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dog Groomer Charged with Theft

http://www.connpost.com/ci_13945407?source=rss

MONROE, CT -- A dog groomer has been accused of being a cat burglar who, according to police, stole more than $60,000 in jewelry from a local home. Mary Masciola, 42, the owner of Mary's Dog Grooming on...
    Most questions regarding GroomerTALK are answered in the Board Help Talk Forum. Thanks for coming to our community a part of PetGroomer.com https://www.petgroomer.com.

That is awful Someone entrusted her with their baby's and their home and she steals from them. What a shame.........

Comment

Great!

Just what we need. More bad press. Why isn't there ever a feel good groomer story in the news??

Comment

Originally posted by Admin View Post
        http://www.connpost.com/ci_13945407?source=rss

MONROE, CT -- A dog groomer has been accused of being a cat burglar who, according to police, stole more than $60,000 in jewelry from a local home. Mary Masciola, 42, the owner of Mary's Dog Grooming on...
        >>>

Wha????? Geez.

Comment

Get another job, lady, if you need more money. Geez, they trusted her and look what she did. Shameful.

Tammy in Utah
          Groomers Helper Affiliate

Comment

Ah, Geez..
            "We are all ignorant--we merely have different areas of specialization."~Anonymous
            People, PLEASE..It's ONLY a website!~Me

Comment

Since when did being accused of a crime mean one is automatically guilty? And do you know how many people have "confessed" to crimes that they did not commit? It's waaaay more than you'd think.

Personally, I don't know if she's really guilty or not. She probably is. But I wasn't there, and I'm not going to pass judgement. It's that old "Judge not lest ye be judged" thing.

Comment

Thank you Helly

Originally posted by Helly View Post
                Since when did being accused of a crime mean one is automatically guilty? And do you know how many people have "confessed" to crimes that they did not commit? It's waaaay more than you'd think.

Personally, I don't know if she's really guilty or not. She probably is. But I wasn't there, and I'm not going to pass judgement. It's that old "Judge not lest ye be judged" thing.
                I am not sure of Admin's motive but have an inkling it might have to do with supporting their reasoning for legislating background checks and/or licensing of groomers?

Comment

Originally posted by Helly View Post

It said that she confessed. Really ****** thing to do, obviously.

Comment

BIG M has more than once said I/we (Admin) have motives especially on threads around licensing. Who are you to judge the motives in such a way here, very inappropriate. Hogwash and you had better stop harassing the Admin which as it says on this board is a COLLECTIVE of people.

Our duty is to bring forth news. We are not sticking our heads in the sand. We issued zero opinion on this article, just a link AS A COURTESY TO ALL HERE. Oh yes, we sit back here and plan motives?

Today for example Admin Stephen helped 3 businesses being issued closure notices on health citations, one groomer who is being sued for mishandling a pet, one person who is bashing a school illegally and getting libel suit (not here) and 2 pet owners who could not afford grooming, Stephen called up groomers and got free grooms for them.

Today's Admin (not Stephen) posted a news article and the motive was to keep everyone informed of groomers in the news. Our life mission is not to bring about vocational licensing, geez. Keep it nice.

Yes thank you Alice. The article said...

Police said Masciola initially denied stealing the jewelry, but later confessed.
                    Attached Files
                    Most questions regarding GroomerTALK are answered in the Board Help Talk Forum. Thanks for coming to our community a part of PetGroomer.com https://www.petgroomer.com.

Comment

It also said that a local jeweler bought the pieces from her....if I read it right and that she used the money for very specific things......sad all the way around.
                      <a href="http://www.groomwise.typepad.com/grooming_smarter" target="_blank">My Blog</a> The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why. –Mark Twain

Comment

Sorry but I think the broad was a pure top of the junk heap dumbarse. I mean, seriously! She was given the KEYS, then robbed them! Who else would have come under automatic suspicion? Here's your sign.
                        The ocean is a desert with it's life underground and the perfect disguise above><((((؛>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·...¸><((((؛>¸.
                        ·´¯`·.¸. , . .·´¯`·.. ><((((؛>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·...¸><((((؛>

Comment

Sad for the kids she needed to steal the jewlery to feed. I hope child services is involved here to.

I am sorry, if you have a jewler that has bought the jewlery from her, she had the keys, admitted to it, and spent the money on certian things that obviusly got paid that day (the gas company has a record of when, and what she paid) I would have say she admitted to being guilty because thats what she was.

I like seeing all the articles Admin posts of groomers in the news. It is not always bad, go read the story of the groomer that is helping the investigation of the shelter that is abusing, and neglecting the animals in their care.

Thanx Amin keep posting them
                          If you sweat the small stuff, all you have is small soggy stuff.....

Comment

Originally posted by stewiedog View Post
                            I am sorry, if you have a jewler that has bought the jewlery from her, she had the keys, admitted to it, and spent the money on certian things that obviusly got paid that day (the gas company has a record of when, and what she paid) I would have say she admitted to being guilty because thats what she was.
                            Yeah, I'd say this is a little more than coincidence. There's no room for doubt on this one.
                            don't find yourself up a creek without a poodle.

Comment

Originally posted by stewiedog View Post
                              Sad for the kids she needed to steal the jewlery to feed. I hope child services is involved here to.

But how do WE know all of the things mentioned are TRUE? It wouldn't be the first time the media has lied, believe me.

I am reminded of a case many years ago involving a 12 year old girl who was pregnant, and the news reports stated over and over again that the judge involved in the case refused to allow her to have an abortion. It was a LIE!

If she stands in front of a judge and pleads guilty, she's guilty. But confessions can be coerced. It happens all the time.

And even if she IS guilty, are any of us so pure that we have the right to judge her or call her names? I don't think so.

Comment

Working...
                              X