X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Groomer Accused of Cutting Dog's Ear Off

Groomer Accused of Cutting Dog's Ear Off, Gluing It Back on

http://www.kirotv.com/video/11016578/index.html

Good grief! I am really puzzled about how that poor dogs ear was cut off. The Shih was in FULL COAT. No cutting with sicciors was needed. Near her ears or head. Hope they find the woman. At least the dog is fine now. Cosette update us with any new info okay!!

Comment

How awful!! I had to check what state that happened in because our old bather told me a groomer he previously worked for actually did that to a dog. Actually cut the ear off and glued it back on but I never heard anything about it. Are some groomers supposed to be licensed (certified maybe?) in certain states? I'm certainly NOT defending the groomer who did this horrible thing but the newscaster emphasized UNlicensed groomer in the story. It was such a pretty little shih tzu too, full coat and all, we rarely see full coated dogs.

Comment

!~OH MY!

That was horrible! take her license away? We aren't licensed yet! How could that happen? I don't use scissors in a way that that could happen. Clipper vac can't do that. OOOOOH ick. the blood must have been everywhere. How could you give the dog back without some blood somewhere? Even a shop. Crazy glue back on..Have to stop bleeding for that to even possibly work. I cut a eighth of a Cocker ear w/ curved scissor...curve didn't match curve of ear. Cost me nearly 200. Man was nice...we went to vet. dog in back shaking blood drops everywhere. Small cut...lots of blood. By time seen...stopped w/ pressure. Not in danger of bleeding to death. Shaved ear, vet surgical glue tied ears over head. quick remedy...Money out for me. Dog was already completely groomed...owner wanted easr to leather, as he said. Should have used clipper. Nevrr cut ear to leather w/ scissors now even w/ my finger as a guide.Do you think that really happened? Best to alwaystell them...no matter what happened.

Comment

Wow, How in the heck did the groomer manage that. A full coated Shih tzu does not need ears cut. They mentioned that she was an un licensed groomer. Washington does not have a license system...yet...
          "Whoever Said That Money Can't Buy Happiness Forgot About Puppies"
          Nancy

Comment

Here's the news article for those who might not be able to access the video.

http://www.kirotv.com/news/11016140/detail.html

Sheri
            Last edited by Cosette; 02-14-07, 10:40 PM.

Comment

That was horrible, this is just my guessing, but let me know how you think about that. I think it is possible the groomer might have accidently cut the ear when she dematting it with a sharp dematting rake.
              Full coated dogs -> ear infection
              ear infection -> matted ears
              matted ears -> dematting rake
              plus an ear infected dog won't like any touch around its ears and possibly would try to shake its head a lot.
              I hope there is a reasonable explaination for this accident, for all groomers' sake.

Comment

I'm thinking the same thing, how could that happen when it's a full coated dog? I hope they find the groomer, that's just barbaric what they did to that poor baby. Glue it back on? I heard of glue to stop the bleeding but to put the ear back on? I hope we hear more on it I wanna know the reasoning. Also, about the licensing...is anyone licensed??

Comment

What the ??????????? How could something like that possibly happen? Even giving her the benefit of the doubt that it was an accident (maybe not even directly grooming related), the fact that she tried to hide it and glue back on the ear? There is absolutely no excuse for that. Its dispicable. Things could have even ended up even worse for that dog. Did that person actually think she could get away with something like that? How cruel.
                  don't find yourself up a creek without a poodle.

Comment

Oh my poor doggie - Hope they find that women

Oh ouch, that poor doggy. The only thing I can imagine is that she was trying to cut out something she thought was a matt and it was connected to the ear, HOW GROSS. I did nick a scottie ear once when trying to shave it and it suddenly thrashed it's head around and I didn't even notice until I went to the other ear and saw a drop of blood. Then when we tried to hold a towel on it the dog started pulling and shaking it's head violently and blood everywhere, I thought I was going to puke. The way it thrashed it's head made the tinyest piece of the edge of the ear feed into a blade tooth cause it looked like a little "V". I wanted to call the owner right away and see what she wanted to do but my boss wanted to wait and it took 20 minutes for it to stop with us applying pressure cause it kept pulling away and shaking it's head and we applied quick stop. Ears just bleed more even when it's just a little scratch. I can't imagine how much that poor dogs ear bled. Maybe the newscaster meant the bussiness didn't have a license to operate. When we had it under control we called the owner to let her know we were going to finish as much as we could but she hadn't even had a bath yet so we gave her a free bath and neatened finished up the dog a couple of days later. What a sweet lady - she said don't worry about it I know she's not a good dog and insisted on giving a $10 tip because I felt too bad to charge for the groom or bath and neaten.

Comment

How could that happen? Dont you think it would bleed? Maybe it was something else...like the rubber band story? Boy it would had to have bled bad...I get alot of once a year matted ear messes, just shaving the mats off the ear someitmes causes bleeding!

Comment

Its possible the dog had a mat in the ear and the groomer thought she was just cutting the mat, then panicked and tried to fix the ear herself. I'm not saying it was right, but I can see how it could happen if the groomer is freaking out and not thinking rationally.

Comment

Horrible

Perhaps they mean the new owner did not have a business license? I cannot imagine such a horrible situation with such a horrible groomer. That would be the only case for licensing that to me has value, is in a case like that if the groomer had a grooming license, could it get revoked. But having worked in the medical field I knew of atrocities that Doctors committed and still practiced away. One case I knew of though finally got his license revoked after spaying as such hundreds of young women for no reason to pad his pocket book. Everyone called him The Knife. Doctors never wanted to report him.

Where I worked a while ago a guy cut a cockers ear across mid way about 2 inches. He used nail coagulate and didn't tell a soul. The owners called later, I was only called in to look who did the dog etc. When he was asked about it, he didn't do it or at least said he didn't know he cut it. When the dog came back for grooming I was shocked at how the ear had a huge split. Then they said it had the yellow brownish powder on it. Well you can bet I was darn instrumental in getting him gone. And I'm happy to report he gave up grooming, guess decided it wasn't for him.
                          Money will buy you a pretty good dog but it won't buy the wag of it's tail.

Comment

I can't even fathom how much blood there must have been. Can you imagine all that blood, trying to get it stopped, cleaning it up, then gluing the ear back on & not telling the owner??????? The groomer was either in a terrible panic or insane, maybe both. This is awful though!!

Comment

groomer assocation

Hi everyone,
                              I along with a few of my friends are working on a Washington state grooming association. I'll keep you posted.

Comment

Working...
                              X