X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Doggie DNA

http://www.weau.com/content/news/Dog...406685175.html

EAU CLAIRE, Wis. (WEAU) -- Between 37 and 47 percent of all households in the U.S. have a dog, according to the American Pet Products Association.

Many people are curious about their mixed breed dog's behavior, health, and overall tendencies. To help answer those questions, hundreds of thousands of people are testing their dog's DNA.

You can find a wide variety of dogs at the Eau Claire Off-Leash Dog Park.

"He's a lab/pit mix," said dog owner Matt Robinson.

But how many of us really know our dog's breeds? It can be difficult to know for sure with mixed breeds. Would you consider a dog DNA test?

"I've been considering it because it's interesting to know where they came from," said dog owner Clare James.

One person who was curious enough about her dog's breeds to find out is Elizabeth Berg with the Eau Claire County Humane Association.

Berg adopted Trooper four years ago after two other adoptions didn't work out.

"When he got brought back, I was like okay, I didn't have a dog at the time, I'll take him home and try it, and he's never left," said Berg..............
    Coordinators post updates to the message for grooming events, members contests, PG.com Classified Ads, GroomerTALK Radio shows and PG.com Magazine online.
Working...
X