• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why I Decided to Try Home Hospice for My Pet

http://www.sheknows.com/pets-and-ani...57/pet-hospice

Providing pet hospice at home can be an enlightening experience
    Share Tweet Pin Share Tumble Save

Comment Now
    I’ll admit it: I’m terrible when it comes to taking care of a sick friend or relative. I’m the last person you want to call for TLC if you get the flu, have an accident or are recovering from surgery. You’ll never confuse me with Florence Nightingale or Mother Teresa. I lack patience and have little tolerance for the perfectly reasonable — I suppose — whining of a person in pain who can probably take care of herself. Call it a character flaw but that’s me!
    It’s a whole different story where animals are concerned. For my furry, feathered and scaled friends, I have learned how to tube feed, give fluids, administer shots, remove stitches and keep wounds infection-free.

When my fabulous ferret, Shakira, was recently diagnosed with lymphoma, I knew what I was going to do. I was going to give her home hospice care. I don’t know how much time we have together, but I want to keep her comfortable at home and give her a compassionate end.......
    Most questions regarding GroomerTALK are answered in the Board Help Talk Forum. Thanks for coming to our community a part of PetGroomer.com https://www.petgroomer.com.

Home hospice is the only way my kids get treated at the end. My Scottie - 14- has atypical cushings, kidney and liver issues. She's on daily Meds and sub- q fluids every third day. Her meals are cooks and hand fed if necessary. I know she's lived beyond the normal life expectancy but she's not quit yet. When she tells me it's time we'll make that last trip to the vet - but until then she's the focus of all attention.

Comment

Working...
    X