Thousands Fleeced into Buying Sheep As Poodles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thousands Fleeced into Buying Sheep As Poodles

Thousands of Japanese residents had the wool pulled over their eyes when they were conned into buying neatly-groomed lambs they were told were valuable minature poodles, the Sun Newspaper reported Thursday.

The lambs were allegedly shipped from Great Britain and Australia to Japan by an Internet company advertising them as poodle puppies.

According to the newspaper, Japanese actress, Maiko Kawakami, suspected a scam after her "poodle" didn't bark and wouldn't eat dog food.

Authorities believe as many as 2,000 people have been conned.

One couple found out the truth only after a dog groomer told them she could not trim their poodle's claws because they were hooves.

The "poodles" sold for as much as $1,200, about half the price of real poodle puppies in Japan. Authorities say the scam artists took advantage of the fact sheep are rare in Japan and most people do not know what they look like.

The company, whose name translated as Poodles As Pets, has been shut down.
    Attached Files
    Most questions regarding GroomerTALK are answered in the Board Help Talk Forum. Thanks for coming to our community a part of PetGroomer.com https://www.petgroomer.com.

OMG that is so crazy. That is one ugly poodle. Cute sheep though.

Comment

That is, by far, the funniest thing I have ever seen!
      The buyers of those sheep better visit a good eye doctor for some new glasses!
      ROFLMAO!!!
      Maybe they should get a hearing test too.
      Don't they know the difference between a BAAAAAAA and a WWWOOOOOFFFF
      www.gomobileandsucceed.com
      http://thesuccessfulpetgroomer.com

Comment

stephen, that was a joke wasn't it?

I know after seeing this that you had posted in December, but I remember your april fools joke 2 years ago about the fleas. This just sounds alot like the old days.

Stephen: Not a joke.

Comment

oh wait, that was the member joining date. Duh to me!

Anyway, it does sound alot like your pulling the wool over our eyes

Comment

No Way!!!

Comment

nope...not buying it....

Comment

note to self: if i want a pet sheep make sure apt manager is japanese

Comment

Oh my gosh! That is too funny! Is that for real!?!!?!?!
                  Scratch a dog and you'll find a permanent job. ~Franklin P. Jones

Comment

Now I've heard everything. OMG, too funny. Looking at the photo I think a lamb clip would look much better than the continental, hee hee.

Comment

OMG...

That is hilarious. I just checked out snopes.com and it says that the story is false. It had to be false, how could you not tell the difference between a poodle and a sheep, come on people...lol.

Comment

Yeah, here is the link to the snopes article:
                        http://www.snopes.com/critters/lurkers/poodlesheep.asp

Comment

Sunday comics GroomerTALK style.
                          Most questions regarding GroomerTALK are answered in the Board Help Talk Forum. Thanks for coming to our community a part of PetGroomer.com https://www.petgroomer.com.

Comment

true or not it good for a great chuckel and we all know what some people will believe... Sheep are streaching it just a bit

Comment

Working...
                            X