X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is Your Fast Food Burger Dog Food Quality Byproducts Treated with Ammonia

I am posting this for a shy member.

http://www.naturalnews.com/027872_am..._products.html
    Most questions regarding GroomerTALK are answered in the Board Help Talk Forum. Thanks for coming to our community a part of PetGroomer.com https://www.petgroomer.com.

Another good reason NOT

to eat beef. Mc Donalds used to have very good quality Swift premium beef. We had a friend who knew Ray Crock, who was a very honest and good business man. I don't think I have eaten at Mc Donalds once in 2009 or even 08. If I did, I would have just gotten a chocolate shake or fries. The fat in the fries is bad, and gives me major heartburn. I actually do not like to eat in any restaurants;you don't know what is in the food or how clean the kitchen is.

Comment

EUUUUUUUUUU,,,,and I was wondering why spent a whole lot of time in the bathroom the day after eating a Burger King mini burger,,,lol. I usually take my own lunch to the shop, but sometimes on busy housecall days, I stop and get a burger. Thanks for the info. I have decided that a snicker bar is better for you than a fastfood hamburger!

Comment

Pretty much any meat product at any chain restaurant is not fit for consumption. It's low grade, full of chemicals, hormones and antibiotics and to top it all off, the animals are inhumanely treated, denied any dignity or respect. If you haven't acquainted yourselves with factory farming, I suggest that you do. Then try to sleep at night after that tasty $.99 hamburger.

(FYI, I'm nowhere close to being a vegetarian)
        That Tenacious Terrier!
        www.thattenaciousterrier.com
        https://www.facebook.com/ThatTenaciousTerrier

Comment

http://www.upi.com/Science_News/2009...4951262266397/

I wasn't sure if this ammonia processing was true or not but articles on the ammonia process have been in NY Times and many other major papers reporting on the studies of the process.

Comment

Well, Stephen, you've managed to put me off burgers for awhile. My MIL said it best- if it tastes good, spit it out.

Stephen: Well this wasn't me actually but a shy member who writes about pet food in magazines. Is this why some of the fast food places now offer more expensive burgers made of "sirloin" etc? In other words, not quite the scraps or ? of the cheaper fare "burger" and instead they actually tell you it is this cut of meat? I dunno.
            Guard well within yourself that treasure, kindness. Know how to give without hesitation, how to lose without regret, how to acquire without meanness.
            George Sand (1804 - 1876)

Comment

Originally posted by PuppyFluffer View Post
              Stephen: Well this wasn't me actually but a shy member who writes about pet food in magazines. Is this why some of the fast food places now offer more expensive burgers made of "sirloin" etc? In other words, not quite the scraps or ? of the cheaper fare "burger" and instead they actually tell you it is this cut of meat? I dunno.
              Everything piece of meat (just about) on cattle is fine to eat. Intestines, trimmings, face meat, internal organs included. It's the chemicals and preservatives that make it bad. The big restaurant chains try to stretch the lifetime of the product with preservatives and use lesser cuts to make more of a profit. These "lesser cuts" are perfectly fine to eat. Americans are weird about eating certain parts of an animal and have become greedy and spoiled. There's nothing wrong with "scrapes" going into a burger or sausage for that matter It's a great way to use every bit of a carcass.

Those more expensive burgers still have all the same toxic **** the cheap ones do, preservatives, hormones and antibiotics.
              That Tenacious Terrier!

Comment

There are many chemical compounds added to all kinds of food products. How many of you drink Aspartame laced cola? Or sodium aluminum sulfate in baking powder? It's a fact of life when mass food production became available to feed hundreds of millions, that there had to be preservatives and bacterial killing agents added to the food supply, otherwise risk of foodborne illness would become rampant. So on the one hand they are critcizing the company for adding ammonium hydroxide to kill off ecoli and samonella while at the same time accusing them of not monitoring the foodborne illnesses adequately??

Btw, here is a list of food products that contain ammonium hydroxide as approved by the WHO:

http://www.codexalimentarius.net/gsf...ls.html?id=380

The best option is to go back to raising your own food if possible. But, that's not modern life.
                A Light exists in Spring, Not present on the Year, At any other period -- When March is scarcely here...~~ Emily Dickensen~~

Comment

I agree with all of you.

We actually made some big changes and eat mostly certified organic and as said, some of which we grow or a known neighbor grows. It does taste better, or the texture is more natural too.

We have a gentleman rancher who grass feeds his cattle, no antibiotics, no growth hormones, and fertilizes the land organically where pasture grass is grown, quite an effort. What flavor too! He also respects his animals as best possible though slaughtered yes, but not in the harsh electrocution methods that are quite messy, and often botched, and I won't describe that further, wash your beef! He raises chickens in a similar manner too.

That's now the same beef and chicken when we make our own wet foods for the Doxie gang here. It is more expensive, but we simply eat smaller portions to offset the cost, BUT also by buying a side at a time and putting it in the freezer the cost is almost competitive with regular store bought. This came all the more closer to home when a major grocery store closed down in our town just last month after 4 citations for selling unsafe meats. Wasn't one enough?

Like you say, knowing where it comes from makes a big difference.
                  Most questions regarding GroomerTALK are answered in the Board Help Talk Forum. Thanks for coming to our community a part of PetGroomer.com https://www.petgroomer.com.

Comment

Originally posted by MydogMissy View Post
                    There are many chemical compounds added to all kinds of food products. How many of you drink Aspartame laced cola? Or sodium aluminum sulfate in baking powder? It's a fact of life when mass food production became available to feed hundreds of millions
                    It does NOT have to be a fact of life. I will not assume things are being done in my best interest. None of the meat products I buy have any preservatives. They are also free of hormones, antibiotics and humanely raised (free range or grassfed) And they are more health friendly ways of preserving than using like MSG and the like. Modern chemical not neccessary. I don't personally drink soda and never drank anything with aspartame, ew.

Things will never change if people just accept it.
                    That Tenacious Terrier!

Comment

Originally posted by Admin View Post
                      I agree with all of you.

We actually made some big changes and eat mostly certified organic and as said, some of which we grow or a known neighbor grows. It does taste better, or the texture is more natural too.

It is more expensive, but we simply eat smaller portions to offset the cost, BUT also by buying a side at a time and putting it in the freezer the cost is almost competitive with regular store bought.

That's encouraging to hear. Isn't wonderful to see a local farmer doing right my their animals and the earth and also supporting their efforts?

Americans eat far too much meat, quantity and frequency. I would much rather have a clean, natural piece of meat from an animal I knew lived a life of dignity a few times a week. That is worth the extra cost. And yeah, definitely, the taste of grass fed is far better than grain fed and far more healthy for people. Let's not forget, stressing an animal destroys the quality of the meat (ie in the commercial slaughter house) They should have no idea anything bad is going to happen to them.
                      That Tenacious Terrier!

Comment

Well singling out a manufacturer and retailer for one chemical that is used for innumerable purposes (not just cleaning chemical) is pointless, imo. Chemicals are in/on everything we consume: From the earth that is fertilized, the crops that are insecticided, weed killed, and so on. Organic has it's drawbacks too; namely the risk of illness which is why chemicals were used in the first place. We had a locally "famous" dairy here that was known for it's creamy ice cream.... until a bunch of people got sick. Found out they were using organic unpasturized milk straight from the farmers. It almost ruined their business.

As in everything, moderation is the key.
                        A Light exists in Spring, Not present on the Year, At any other period -- When March is scarcely here...~~ Emily Dickensen~~

Comment

Originally posted by Canopener Sally View Post
                          It does NOT have to be a fact of life. I will not assume things are being done in my best interest.

Things will never change if people just accept it.
                          It does indeed have to be a fact of life when you are talking about mass quantities to feed hundreds of millions of people in this country and they do it in your best interest so you don't get sick. So, until they develop superior germ fighting processes (how about irradiating that food?) we are going to have to accept it.

Personally, I enjoy a home grown garden and grain fed beef, but I sure as heck don't want to go to my grocery store and have to wonder if I will contract a foodborne disease from it. Food poisoning is no fun at all. Plus, I don't have a cow.

Comment

Originally posted by Canopener Sally
                            Americans are weird about eating certain parts of an animal and have become greedy and spoiled. There's nothing wrong with "scrapes" going into a burger or sausage for that matter It's a great way to use every bit of a carcass.
                            Originally posted by Admin View Post
                            Like you say, knowing where it comes from makes a big difference.
                            Ain't that the truth. I lived on bushmeat for 2 1/2 years, eating everything from smoked fruit bat to monkey balls (seriously, they taste just like chicken, although you have to eat quite a few before you're full - I found it helped a lot to just not think about it too much). NOTHING went to waste: even chicken feet, when deep fried and served with a spicy tomato paste, can be pretty darn tasty when it's your only available source of protein. The claws make convenient toothpicks, too.

One of the best soups I've ever had was pangolin brain soup, which is considered a delicacy in Ghana. Once I got over the little head floating in my bowl, it was pretty darn tasty! I've posted a pic of a pangolin for those who haven't seen one.
                            Attached Files
                            Guard well within yourself that treasure, kindness. Know how to give without hesitation, how to lose without regret, how to acquire without meanness.
                            George Sand (1804 - 1876)

Comment

Originally posted by MydogMissy View Post
                              As in everything, moderation is the key.
                              Moderation of weed killer? I get that stuff is already in the ecosystem. That doesn't mean there needs to be more of it.

The problem you mentioned about the milk had nothing to with it being organic and everything with it being unpasteurized. And the pasteurization process uses temperature to kill bacteria not chemicals. Organic is superior, sustainable is superior. Farmers where doing it that way for thousands of years. We are still here aren't we?

Chemicals are more used to maximize yield not fighting illness in humans. You don't put chemicals on a chicken to keep it from spoiling, you stick in the freezer.

Oh, I don't single out one, I single out a whole bunch.
                              That Tenacious Terrier!

Comment

Working...
                              X