Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crash Victim Says Dog Saved Her Life

Edited.
    Last edited by pamperedpups; 02-20-07, 01:39 AM.

That is so neat! And people say dogs are dumb!!!
    Here is SC a couple of days ago, a 3 yr old boy went missing from his country home. Mom turned her back for a minute and POOF gone. The family's 2 Border Collies were with the child. The authorities looked for this boy for 3 hours (can you imagine how terrifying!!!) and they found his shoes in a muddy bog near a stream and his pants were caught in some bushes by the stream as well. Not uplifting evidence at all!!! Well, they would not let the parents call the dogs because they figured (rightly) that the dogs would protect him and keep him warm (it was going on night and cold). Nerve wracking story short, the child is safe at home, and the dogs are credited w/herding him away from danger and back towards the house where he was found. They had the news people at the house interviewing the grandmother after this happened and I can understand how that kid could disappear so quickly. Can you say "precocious"....lol God Bless our Dogs!
    SheilaB from SC

Comment

wow that is an awesome dog...

I hope that he can be trained to be a search and rescue dog. Sounds like he is already.

Comment

What a great dog. It's hard to believe that the owners would give him up like that. It sounds like he is going to get the training and care and that he deserves. God seems to have a plan for him. How appropriate that he is named Hero.

Comment

I can't believe the owners giving up that dog either. It does sound like there are plenty of people that want him and he will find a good place where he will be loved and the great possiblity of him become a search and rescue dog!

When my youngest daughter (26 now) was 4 years old she got lost out in the farm land in Wyo. We looked for her for hours. Our dogs were also missing. Just before dark, after lots of prayers we found her. We asked her why she had left the yard. She told us the dogs were walking a way from the yard and she had to follow them so they wouldn't get lost!!!! I truely believe it was the other way around. The dogs finally were able to get her back where she could been seen on the road.
          Love those dogs.
          "There is no psychiatrist in the world like a puppy licking your face."
          Diane

Comment

What a great story. my ex father-in-law fell down the stairs and had a stroke when my ex mother in law was cooking in the kitchen their dog Louie (german shep pup about 11 months at the time) wound up pulling dad off the stairs so he was laying flat and went to the kitchen to grab mother in law and litteraly dragged her to her hubby. Louie was a great dog but has since crossed over the rainbow bridge.... dogs are amazing especially stories like these!

Comment

Dogs are very smart and wonderful creatures. When I was 2 my mom worked nights and my dad worked during the day. I had just learned to open doors and my mom was sleeping one day. When she woke up she couldnt find me, the garage door at our house would spring up when it was unlatched, just high enough for me and one of our german shepherd to get out. I walked to the park to go play, when the police found me, they said that our dog wouldnt let them near me because she was trying to keep me safe. I was only missing for an hour or so, it was announced on the radio that they found a little girl in the park by herself in just a t-shirt and diapper, which my grandpa heard and told my dad about, my mom says she was so paniced running up and down the street to find me. Needless to say that was the begining of going to the babysitters...lol.

Comment

Boy ... those stories are heart warming. Dogs are the best!!!

Comment

Working...
                X