Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Congratulations and How To's

Mylady- you will love your iVAC. Some great tips fir using your vac:

When using a vac remember that it cuts one blade length shorter, so if you normally use a 5f on a dog use a 3 instead.

When clipping I find short fast strokes to be best.

There is a small learning curve when using a vac but it will increase speed as it alleviates the need for back brushing.

Hair splinters are a thing of the past. Also the vac will keep your blades cool.

Best of luck with your new clippers.

I'm looking forward to having fun with my new toy!
    What a caterpillar considers the end of his world, we call a butterfly.

Comment

Forgot to ask, everyone keeps telling me to make sure it's hardwired. I have NO IDEA what that means. I read on their website that they are hardwired now. But can someone explain what that is?

Comment

Hardwired -

Jeff of Northern Tails has a video on his site about hardwiring, I believe.

Comment

learning curve!

I believe that the new I-Vacs are already hardwired Mylady. And you are getting good advice to start off with too. When I got mine, I was so keen to use it on everything,I must admit I did a few oopsie funny trims using it on thin drop coats ,and trying stuff I wasn't ready for, plus I wrecked some #40 blades,and a geib #50,and a geib #30 before I posted here and got the right info.
          "Everyone needs something to beleive in..I beleive I need another Poodle"
          Quote:Cath

Comment

Originally posted by Poodleluv View Post
            I believe that the new I-Vacs are already hardwired Mylady. And you are getting good advice to start off with too. When I got mine, I was so keen to use it on everything,I must admit I did a few oopsie funny trims using it on thin drop coats ,and trying stuff I wasn't ready for, plus I wrecked some #40 blades,and a geib #50,and a geib #30 before I posted here and got the right info.

OK, how did you wreck them so I know how not to.

Comment

Just the SS

It only happened because I was constantly using my SS combs with the I-Vac,And unlike the plastic combs they do not work on the super fine blades or the good old Geib blades either. A # 10 or # 15 is perfect!
              "Everyone needs something to beleive in..I beleive I need another Poodle"
              Quote:Cath

Comment

Melissa,

Hardwired means that there is a solid cord coming from the clipper. Use to they would screw into the clipper itself and now this is already corrected.

iVAC can be used with any blades or comb attachments just remember it will cut 1 size blade shorter. Another big tip is use the LEAST amount of suction possible- you want to get the hair out of the way NOT suck the ear leather into the clipper.

Comment

Grrl, wait until you do your first reverse plush cut on a cat with your ivac. You'll wonder how you've lived without it all these years!
                  Guard well within yourself that treasure, kindness. Know how to give without hesitation, how to lose without regret, how to acquire without meanness.
                  George Sand (1804 - 1876)

Comment

Congrats on winning!

Comment

Good for you!

Congrats on winning!

Comment

Working...
                      X