no mobile groomer round up at burbank 2007

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• no mobile groomer round up at burbank 2007

Why is there no mobile groomer round up at burbank this year?

I went last year, and met a lot of mobiles. I contacted barkleigh and the phone answer person had no idea.

Considering how many mobiles actually serve the LA area (not just listed in the phone books).

Why?

Why?

Why?

I am heading up in my van and hope to meet other local groomers.

Comment

Hi I was thinking the same thing when I got my brochure from Barkleigh. I usually never attend the day they have it but still the same I wonder why they did not include it this year. I may drive down there on friday in my mobile unit.I'm not sure yet. It is nice to check out others in the parking lot. I love to see the other graphics and design ideas.

Comment

I'll be there with my Sprinter van (Hanvey conversion).

Michelle
        Attached Files

Comment

Stephen

Do you you think you can get an answer out of Barkleigh?

I know quite a few mobiles who would have gone to Burbank just for this are not going to go.

Comment

You can e-mail Sally at Barkleigh and I know she will e-mail you back. I am glad that someone else brought this up. I e-mailed and she said that when they gave free basic admit to the show for entering the round-up that only a small number of the trucks would go to the round-up and the rest would just register in the round-up to get in to the show. Then I suggested forgetting the round-up and having the programs for mobiles. She said there has always been a problem finding mobile speakers from the west coast to do a number of seminar topics. It is a big problem for her because she can't fly a bunch of speakers out there.
            If anyone knows of some strong mobile people on the west coast that may be able to speak please please let her know. That is the only way we all can get the mobile programs back to Burbank. And I for one love to attend that show because it is a vacation for me to get out of Chicago and the cold weather.
            If anyone has any ideas or suggestions please either e-mail Sally or call her at Barkleigh. If you do call, you can ask to talk to Sally. If you can't talk to her right then I am sure she will call you back. Just state the reason why you are calling because she is very interested to know what will make her shows better.
            I also was going to attend but when I found out they had no mobile this year I decided not to. Please speak up about this and come up with suggestions and ideas.

Comment

Roxy said "She said there has always been a problem finding mobile speakers from the west coast to do a number of seminar topics. It is a big problem for her because she can't fly a bunch of speakers out there.
              If anyone knows of some strong mobile people on the west coast that may be able to speak please please let her know. That is the only way we all can get the mobile programs back to Burbank. And I for one love to attend that show because it is a vacation for me to get out of Chicago and the cold weather.
              If anyone has any ideas or suggestions please either e-mail Sally or call her at Barkleigh."
              One thing that I would suggest is that she contact the mobiles in this area and talk to them. I have never been contacted and none of the other mobiles I know have been either. I am not a speaker, so I am NOT volunteering. If Groomer to Groomer database is noted correctly, then Sally should have some information to start with.

Sorry Roxy - Can you or Sally explain strong mobile people?

Comment

The words 'strong mobile people' came from me, not Sally. That was just my interpretation without looking at her e-mail. I believe Sally's exact words in her e-mail to me was 'solid mobile speakers'. Just like you said, you are not a speaker so you would not do it. But there are other people in the mobile industry and on the west coast that would proably do it very well.

Comment

what?! no mobile, that was a big reason I was going this year because I'm just starting mine. that sucks. Oh well no point in crying over it. I also want to see the poodle contests!!

Comment

Sweetpea,

I'm a mobile groomer and I'll be at Burbank on Friday and Saturday with my sprinter van. My business is "Spa 4 Paws" and my phone number is on my van. Give me a call and I'd be happy to meet you and share my experiences in being a mobile groomer for the past 3 years.

Michelle

Comment

PoodlePal,
                      I will be there Sat and Sun, I'll be on the look out for your van (saw the pic). Hope to see you there

Comment

Hi I believe that Wagntails and Amber's mobile conversions will be there.They are both very nice and I'm sure would answer any questions you may have even if you don't buy thier vans.Maybe you migh be presuaded to buy one in the future.I know I fell in love with WagnTails at a grooming show in Anahiem.I remember them being very polite and helpful.

Comment

Working...
                        X