X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OFFICIAL Who is Going Northwest Grooming Show - April 21-24, 2016

www.barkleigh.com
    Tacoma, WA
    Most questions regarding GroomerTALK are answered in the Board Help Talk Forum. Thanks for coming to our community a part of PetGroomer.com https://www.petgroomer.com.

I really hope there are a lot more vendors in 2016. 2015 was my first grooming expo (very new groomer here) and I loved the classes but found myself wishing that there were more vendors to browse.

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk

Comment

Bumping up.
      Coordinators post updates to the message for grooming events, members contests, PG.com Classified Ads, GroomerTALK Radio shows and PG.com Magazine online.

Comment

Hi everyone! I'm going again this year. I was wondering if anyone would be interested in sharing a room at the hotel or a nearby hotel. I live in Seattle but I hate dealing with traffic through the city. I would be glad to make the reservations and hold a room.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

Comment

We're going.

Dragynwing, be patient with the amount of vendors. Believe me, the last few years have been a huge increase in vendors. You just weren't there when we were lucky to get 5 or 6.
          Also, we will probably never have the vendor turnout that the California shows do.

We are just starting to come around the corner. What groomers and vendors need to understand is:

Vendors....you will lose money for a time until the groomers become familiar with your brand and trust that you will be there year after year. You need to build a following in this area. Also, your sales AFTER the show should increase as groomers look up reviews and get to try out what their friends bought. Groomers also save up for the next show. "Wow, those XXX shears sure are nice. I'm saving my tips to get some next year"

Groomers...SUPPORT the Shows. If you don't show up the following year because "they didn't have enough vendors", then why would vendors even want to return? Vendors have to feel like there is progress being made towards sales in order to spend the money it takes to rent booth space, fly booth people in, pay for their meals and hotel, etc etc.

So, we are just coming around the corner of vendors saying "numbers were pretty good last year. I think we'll give it another try...and we'll tell XYZ Company to try this show also"
          Groomers are coming around the corner by saying "hey, there were more booths last year. I will support the show this year, and not only that, I'll get my shampoo order there this month....and buy a new comb....and get some new perfume...."

TOGETHER we can just make this Show bigger and better.

Comment

I'm very excited to hear that they added 10 vendors this year and have sold out the expo space! It's exciting to be part of this show while it grows so quickly.

Dogma, do you have any suggestion on how I can find roommates for the weekend? The people who were going to go with me have backed out. I'll be almost 29 weeks pregnant that weekend and I don't wanna make that drive in the morning!

Comment

Dragynwing, when we have needed roommates we just started a new tread under General TALK. Something along the line of "Roommate needed for XXX grooming show". We've always managed to get nice people to share a room with.
              You might also consider hotels in Puyallup, it's a short drive from the Hotel and you might find something less expensive there.

Good luck.

Comment

Thanks for the info, dogma!

Comment

bumping up a coming event
                  Most questions regarding GroomerTALK are answered in the Board Help Talk Forum. Thanks for coming to our community a part of PetGroomer.com https://www.petgroomer.com.

Comment

Working...
                  X