Who's going to Groom Expo/Pasadena?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who's going to Groom Expo/Pasadena?

I bought my plane tickets last night. No program/class schedule yet but there are always good seminars and I missed Hershey this year so I have some catching up to do.
    Who else is going? I am hoping to organize an informal internet social.

I was just told it will be up tomorrow. Have fun!
    What does a dog do on it's day off?

Comment

I will be there

probably for the 4 days. I only live an hour away. Two of my friends of grooming school are also going but I don't think they are members of this forum yet. I'm really looking forward to it. I was going to order some more stuff this month but thought I would wait until the expo to see what is there.

Comment

Meeee toooo

I am going w/my daughter who is just finishing grooming school. We are an hour and 1/2 away if there is no traffice which means Sunday morning at 5am in Southern California. HA. The best is on the last day when they start auctioning all the stuff off because they don't want to ship their products home. I picked up some great bargains last year.

Comment

I'm going! My very patient husband agreed to have Valentine's Day the next weekend.
          There are 3 different kinds of people in this world: Dog people, cat people, and rational people who don't have a problem liking two things at the same time.

Comment

Originally posted by bednbones View Post
            The best is on the last day when they start auctioning all the stuff off because they don't want to ship their products home. I picked up some great bargains last year.
            That auction is so much fun, if for no other reason than to watch Terri Di Marino get goofy from exhaustion.

Good luck with the traffic. I will be going from Venice (where my sister lives) to Pasadena, can't wait to experience the legendary LA traffic first hand, lol.

dbarcreations - good idea to hold off on the e-shopping, it is so much more fun in person!

Comment

I'll be there

I'm supposed to do a seminar on Thursday night and am not sure what I should do. If I have a choice to do what I want , what would you guys like? Breed demo's ? Handstripping? You tell me....
              Sarah

Comment

For those of you coming- do any of you have a cat that I can groom for a seminar? I am coming from Florida and would prefer to not start with a ticked off cat :-) since, he probably would HATE flying.

Comment

Ooops

I too just saw the schedule and it looks like my class is Working towards understanding the Breed Standard, so there ya go! See ya'll there.

Comment

I'm going this year! It will be my first event. I'm so excited and it should be alot of fun. My sister is going with me. Hope to pick-up some new stuff and hopefully learn something new!!

Comment

No Oster this year. No real seminars to speak of. Will pass this year

Comment

I'm planning to be there

not sure when. It's about 20 to 25 minutes from my home. Sat. & Sun. AM traffic is pretty good up until about 7:30 to 8:00. Just don't go home ;o)

I'm going to enjoy it so much for the last two years I was busy doing the certification stuff. I'm not comfortable with any tests so it was hard on me. Now I can go for just fun. I would love to meet other board people there.
                        Money will buy you a pretty good dog but it won't buy the wag of it's tail.

Comment

I'm planning on being there ...

with lots of books, my van (for the Round Up) and auctioning off a couple of signed copies of 2 Lion-Hearted Groomers ... Leigh & Eileen's Journey. I hope I get the opportunity of meeting everybody here who plans on being at the Pasadena/Groom Expo.

Donna Smith, C. A. H.
                          Co-author of the book 2 Lion-Hearted Groomers ... Leigh & Eileen's Journey
                          Please come and visit my blog here at Petgroomer.com

Comment

I am still looking for a cat to groom for a seminar...anyone?

Comment

That's not easy

Originally posted by Gracy Rose View Post
                              I am still looking for a cat to groom for a seminar...anyone?
                              I don't have any cats. I understand you are thinking of a clip. I don't know of anyone even and especially with a cat that likes going public. Had you thought of cat breeders who likely would have one or more that they are not showing or breeding?
                              Money will buy you a pretty good dog but it won't buy the wag of it's tail.

Comment

Working...
                              X