Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wish list for burbank 2008

What would I wish for?

Better communication between trade show sponsors and a real attempt to contact ALL groomers, mobile as well as shop, Vets, trainers, pet industry.

Mobile groomer roundtable brought back.

Vendors familiar with manufactures specifications, having available in their booth the same information.

Vendors not sitting and reading books in their booths.

A convention center/hotel/? that does not gouge for food and water.

A friend of mine mentioned (and I think it's a good idea) that they provided groomers attending the seminars handouts with all of the slides they show during the seminars.

Comment

my wish list for Barkleigh/Burbank shows: Give 2 for 1 shows. $599 all inclusive seminars and trade show - Hershey and Burbank. One ticket, one price. Attendance would be higher and you wouldn't mind paying for food and such if you saved a few hundred. It would pay for your airfare.

Comment

Best of luck

It does seem that the mobile groomer was not as addressed as before. A shame since there are so many in So. Cal. especially.

I doubt that the producers have too much to do with the Vendors knowledge or outreach. I have to say that the Vendors that snoozed loosed. It would be sad to find one that didn't even have the information about their product.

I don't know about how they reached people, but they got a hold of my B F who only attends some dog shows. I did inform a couple of people who hadn't heard of the expo though.

As far as gouging food prices, almost every venue lately gouges. Five dollar hot dogs are common even at some outdoor dog show venues. I figure I could go out and get food, or pay for the convienence. Sort of like extra charge for mobile grooming convienience, I was thinking. Oh, and I carry a water bottle with me, so much cheaper, lol.

So why didn't you stop by the Groomers Helper Booth, Marky Mark? I was looking forward to saying howdy again and you'd have gotten a good loop for just saying hi, let alone have been in the exclusive Groomer Talk Drawing.

Originally posted by MarkyMark View Post
        What would I wish for?

Better communication between trade show sponsors and a real attempt to contact ALL groomers, mobile as well as shop, Vets, trainers, pet industry.

Mobile groomer roundtable brought back.

Vendors familiar with manufactures specifications, having available in their booth the same information.

Vendors not sitting and reading books in their booths.

A convention center/hotel/? that does not gouge for food and water.
        Money will buy you a pretty good dog but it won't buy the wag of it's tail.

Comment

Working...
        X