Burbank

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Burbank

Anyone going to the Groom Expo in Burbank (Calif.) in Feb? I went last year for the first time and had a lot of fun. Now this year I will be going as a business owner!!! I can't wait to get the program book, I think I might take a class or maybe not....the one I took last year was... ok. Maybe a diff class will be better. Anyway, hope to see ya there

Jessie, what class did you take last year?? I will be attending also. I didn't do any classes last year but have taken some in previous years.

Comment

I'll be going on Saturday and Sunday. I haven't been in a couple of years. Seems like every trade show I go to I end up breaking the bank!!!!

Comment

Get-together ?

Hi gang! Maybe those of us that are going could do a get together. It would be nice to hang out with other list buddies. Put faces to names. I'm going, meeting some groomer buddies from WA.

Maybe we should plan a spot or time to have a fun "how do you do" .

Anyone interested?

Comment

***bitty***

I took the bather brusher course because I was working at a shop at the time as a bather and just wanted to see what a basic class had to offer. The thing I didn't like was how they had no handouts. We just got a couple sheets of paper and a pen, then had to jot down notes as fast as we could for a few hours while the teacher rambled on. Don't get me wrong, I learned a lot and the speaker was very nice and knew a lot, but for the price I paid to take it, I was dissapointed. They didn't have an evaluation sheet afterwards either, so maybe they don't want improvment suggestions. I am considering a mobile seminar though for this year. I'm putting money aside too for the booths!

Comment

Jessie, I sent one of my bather/brushers to the bather course and she too had to take a variety of notes on the back of the papers that just happened to be there. I would definitely recommend that someone take a notepad and their scribbling talents. She too said she learned some, some she already knew. I'm considering sending another this year but haven't made that decision yet. I am a firm believer in continuing education.

Comment

Pam, I'm game to meet up!!

Comment

A few of us San Diego groomers are hoping to meet up on Sat eve for dinner or drinks or something. I think most are planning to go up Sat/Sun. Totally up for meeting. Let me know what you guys decide and I will email the mobilers on my contact list!

Comment

Originally posted by azoci View Post
                  Hi gang! Maybe those of us that are going could do a get together. It would be nice to hang out with other list buddies. Put faces to names. I'm going, meeting some groomer buddies from WA.

Maybe we should plan a spot or time to have a fun "how do you do" .

Anyone interested?
                  Hey Pam who from Washington is going? are they flying or driving let me know thanks....
                  "Whoever Said That Money Can't Buy Happiness Forgot About Puppies"
                  Nancy

Comment

I would like to go as I am trying to get into grooming. Can wannabe groomers attend the expo?

Comment

I sure tryed last year

to have some get together, but no one came through. I got to meet one poster here at a class. I would be more than happy to plan something if someone responds with a time. Something simple like coffee in the AM Sunday, right by the coffee counter? We could go out, but so likely eveyone too busy. I sure would like to meet some of you.

If all else fails, how about say, by the Waggin Tails Vans at some time such as 10:30 AM. Whoever shows shows?
                      Money will buy you a pretty good dog but it won't buy the wag of it's tail.

Comment

I would like to meet up at the vans or something, the only thing is I'm not sure what day I'm going yet. I'm just thinking about traffic, that's the worst part, I only live about 1 1/2 hours away. Oh," wrinklesanyone" anyone can go to the expo, I took my boyfriend with me last year.

Comment

Yep, took my B/F too

and my son once. Nothing better for learning about grooming, even if it's someone elses grooming.

Well, I'm thinking, and perhaps I'll just think of a time and be by the Vans both week-end days. I can bring cookies, to entice, hee hee. Last year I wore a yellow ribbon on my badge to show that I'm from here. No not going to wear beige with stripes ribbon. I wanted others to also wear a yellow ribbon on their badge, but nobody did. Y'all were hiding like Stephen.
                          Money will buy you a pretty good dog but it won't buy the wag of it's tail.

Comment

i'll be there all three days and i hover over the coffee shop, when they're open... i would be game for a meet up. are they having the amg meeting again? seems like they aren't offering a whole lot this year? - nevermind, just checked back at barkleigh and they've posted more stuff. looks like fun!
                            Last edited by nuk; 01-16-07, 11:46 AM.

Comment

Sweetpea - thank you for the info. I had sent an email to find out more info and was informed that I could attend. I actually received a card in the mail as well to fill out and show at the door for the trade show on either Friday or Saturday at no charge. I think it will have to be Saturday for me.
                              I am excited that I am able to go!
                              Have fun everyone who is going to compete and good luck to all.

Comment

Working...
                              X