Competing with an afghan hound?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Competing with an afghan hound?

Has anyone ever competed with an Afghan in a grooming competition? I have a really nice one I groom, and was thinking about it. I have never seen one in the competition ring.
    any experiences with them would be helpful! thanks!!

I almost did but i know that doesnt help you much

Comment

That's a lot of work!

remember that you only have a small window of time to groom in. I'm sure it can be done, but I would probably ask the judges about what exactly is expected from you before the show...

Comment

I would love to see that!
        -----------------------------------------------
        damnit, I want a white poodle!

Comment

Originally posted by crtgroomer View Post
          Has anyone ever competed with an Afghan in a grooming competition? I have a really nice one I groom, and was thinking about it. I have never seen one in the competition ring.
          any experiences with them would be helpful! thanks!!
          Are you talking about All other Purebred class or mixed/misc class? If the first you would have to consult each show because not all allow dogs not on their lists.....if the other class then its fair game. But again, consult the rules, cause some shows make pet trims on purebreds not allowable...you would have to do something that did not resemble the breed when finished.
          <a href="http://www.groomwise.typepad.com/grooming_smarter" target="_blank">My Blog</a> The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why. –Mark Twain

Comment

I have one and do all the grooming but need help on neck work badly.

Comment

Julie Pantages competed with one this year. Can't remember where it was though.

Comment

Working...
              X