Competition leads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Competition leads

What do you guys use for leads or loops when competing? Last year I used just the plain loop that I use at work, but I'm thinking a show lead that I can wrap around the post like they do at shows would be easier. What does everyone else use?
    Erin
    No Fur, No Paws, No Service.

I would imagine the finer the better. Less to disrupt your doo. I borrowed one of my boss' show leads for my poodle last year.

Comment

I use a real fine loop, It's tiny! Works great. I keep a show lead in my box just incase. But half the time I take my dogs of the loop and use nothing.

Comment

Practice

I have been practicing with Sam using no restraint.

I started doing this because he is tough to groom and I wanted the extra challenge and it forced me to table train him quicker.

He is still a big baby with his bath and dry so I use full restraint with him there.

Not sure if it was the right thing to do but I didnt want to continue using a so called crutch if you will, at the shop and then have to go into the ring with a stardard poodle hooked to a GH. Sorry that just wasnt going to happen. LOL.

Jason

Comment

I think I got the blk shiny noose that I use at a dog show. Go first thing they tend to sell out.
          Never gonna know if you never even try

Comment

I think you are allowed to use your Groomers Helper at a competition. I have seen it before.

Comment

Originally posted by foxhound lady View Post
              I think I got the blk shiny noose that I use at a dog show. Go first thing they tend to sell out.
              whats that?

Comment

you can use them, but I would not want to compete with a dog that needs the groomers helper. JMO
                What does a dog do on it's day off?

Comment

DITTO!!

Comment

Originally posted by luvpups View Post
                    you can use them, but I would not want to compete with a dog that needs the groomers helper. JMO

We competitors do not only use the GH for agggressive dogs, we use it for the dogs who tend to wander around the table. I have a cockerpoo that is adorable, but he is so amazed by the sights and sounds of the show that he starts to wander. The GH is used to keep his attention on me.

Comment

That makes sense, I used a cockapoo in competition and he wants to sit the whole time which makes it very hard. I could have used something like that just to keep him standing when I needed it. Oh well!
                      What does a dog do on it's day off?

Comment

Working...
                      X