Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lexapurple
    replied
    That is a good idea! I am sure you will pass you practical with your cocker.

Leave a comment:

• excelsiortfts
    replied
    If you are looking, I will be wearing the purple ryans oriental short sleeve smock all day Friday, probably have french braids as that is the easiest way to keep my hair.
    Very excited but nervous, could not sleep at all last night and kept thinking about random facts about the sporting and non-sporting group.

Leave a comment:

• mylady
    replied
    Good luck! i always compete with poodles. IMO the poodle class is the hardest to win in because it's usually the biggest, but if you are using him in misc. it may be smaller. I just enjoy working on poodles so much. I'll keep an eye out for that poodle at the show!

Leave a comment:

• excelsiortfts
    replied
    Okay, figured I should reply to this as it is only a little ways off. I chose to compete with the poodle on Friday in the Misc class!

Will be back Saturday morning with the cocker for NDGA Certification. Studying my butt off

Thank you,
    Marissa

Leave a comment:

• mikhess31
    replied
    Intergroom is in April...I would use the poodle as well because of the versatility..Good luck to you..Wish I could come and watch!

Leave a comment:

• excelsiortfts
    replied
    Intergroom is April 16-18

both the mixed/misc class and the sporting are on the same day. From what I understood the poodle would be in the mixed/misc class as he does not have a clean face/feet and it not a all other purebreds. I think the cocker would have enough coat, but it won't be floor length in his skirt, so I am not sure if that would penilize him. As these are the only two classes that really conflict, I was wondering if they are both rather small compared to the other classes.

Thank you for all your thoughts, I am leaning towards the poodle. However I wish I did not have to make this descision as I have done run throughs with them and am able to do them in more then enough time.

Thanks

Leave a comment:

• sheilabgroomer
    replied
    I agree w/using the Poodle. Plus, when is Intergroom? Will the Cocker have time to grow enough coat to be able to compete with?

Leave a comment:

• poodlegroominggirl
    replied
    I would do the cocker

I would do the cocker, less entries in sporting, always more with a poodle.

However do what your strongest in!! Be confident!

Leave a comment:

• borzoimom
    replied
    I would go with the poodle, it's a cute look.

Leave a comment:

• Doubledogdare
    replied
    A cocker is a cocker is a cocker. One of them is pretty much like another.

I think the poodle would be a more interesting challenge. I'd go with the poodle.

Leave a comment:

• excelsiortfts
    started a topic In a bind

In a bind

So I found two dogs I can use for Intergroom, a show cocker spaniel who is handstripped and a client's toy poodle who I have put into an OES like cut. I was planning on entering and competing with both, however a friend just pointed out that they are both Friday afternoon and I can only have 1 dog for the afternoon. So I would like your honest opinions of which dog I should compete with, as I am torn. I am attaching photos of both from this week. The cocker was pretty much fully finished, however I did not touch the legs or the head on the poodle so he will grow more coat.
    Thanks,
    Marissa
    Attached Files
Working...
X