Why no prize money????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why no prize money????

Well, that sealed the deal for me. I was debating between going to Atlanta and Pasadena. I have a cute schnz that I was going to use for comp in Pasadena, since it is a fairly easy drive for me. I looked up the contest schedule and everything and saw that entry level for breed classes is a trophy only! I know that it is an accomplishment to win, but really!
    I will go to Atlanta! Trip should cost $800, plus what I spend, but the classes are fantastic and I will check bags so I can shop too. I am going to enter the rescue comp. since I don't want to pay to rent a dog- I am such a small business that that makes the trip too expensive.
    See you all in Atlanta!

I'll see you in Atlanta!!!! Woohoo!! I love that show!
    www.gomobileandsucceed.com
    http://thesuccessfulpetgroomer.com

Comment

When is the Atlanta show? Maybe my mobile unit will be done by then and I can go down, go to the show AND pick up my unit at the same time. Never been to that one.
      What a caterpillar considers the end of his world, we call a butterfly.

Comment

I'll be in Atlanta, too!! Love Atlanta! Looking forward to seeing Wetnoze and Chuck and the gang.

MyLady please do come. It's so nice to see folks from our board.
        ~*~Robin~*~
        "In a perfect world, every dog would have a home and every home would have a dog."

Comment

Atlanta is always the first weekend in March. www.atlantapetfair.com

There is rarely prize money for entry. Not sure WHY but used to be NEVER, so at least its getting better. Probablty has something to do with the amount of money a sponsor has to put up. The prize money is donated by the sponsor of the class, not the show.
          <a href="http://www.groomwise.typepad.com/grooming_smarter" target="_blank">My Blog</a> The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why. –Mark Twain

Comment

mylady, just google it. APF is the best show ever. Yes, sharpeimom, reunion!!!! We all have to get together and go to Uncle Julio's. Chuck, you out there......
            www.gomobileandsucceed.com
            http://thesuccessfulpetgroomer.com

Comment

I say go to APF then! I will be there again this year competing. As far as them not paying out winnings for entry, I think that is only Barkleigh shows. I understand that the sponsors give the money for prizes, but they should IMO divide it up so that every placement gets a little something back, and honestly to pay $99 (entry level) per dog is very high when at APF you get to enter every regular class for $150!
              What does a dog do on it's day off?

Comment

I really want to go to Atlanta. It was my favorite show so far. I would like to compete, but can't fly Mr. Gibbs down, and I can't imagine driving so far. Maybe I'll fly down, but then I would be sad that I didn't have Mr. Gibbs. Oh, what to do, what to do.

Oh, yes...and I want to go to Spondivits!
                don't find yourself up a creek without a poodle.

Comment

We missed Uncle Julio's last year because some people were still competing, and I was relying on those people to get me there! This year I need to get phone numbers before I leave!

Comment

I am going and I won't be working, just enjoying the show and actually having time to visit with folks!

Comment

Working...
                    X