Once again which division to enter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Once again which division to enter

I am in B division for NDGAA shows and I still qualify for ENTRY for APF, AA and Petpro Classic.
    I am torn to which division to enter in APF.
    I have placed first and second and got best first timer last year in Entry. I know that i have better chances placing in Entry, but I think it would be very close to cheating because I have competed in B (intermediate)at different show where I got two second places.
    What would you do?

I am in the same boat. I qualify for A at NDGAA and Intergroom and despite a Silver at Intergroom this year still meet the criteria for B at APF. I chose to better myself and end the confusion and go to A and stay there. In your case, its not so bad to stay in C. I would wiat and see who the judges are then make my decision.
    <a href="http://www.groomwise.typepad.com/grooming_smarter" target="_blank">My Blog</a> The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why. –Mark Twain

Comment

Thank you. I reviewed their rules and it does look like I need to go into intermediate.

Comment

That's a good question.

I would call and ask Ann or send her a PM. I really am not sure what that "Best first timer" counts as. You may be able to compete in Entry still. I basically have the same stats as you with the exception of 'best first timer' I have never competed in Entry always intermediate. According to those rules I could compete in Entry, but why go back down the ladder, right.

Comment

Looking at what you posted about your wins, I don't see where you need to go into intermediate. NOW that said, its actually a smaller division that C at most shows. B is smaller and while there are a lot of good groomers there, size sometimes matters. FIrst tim BIS doesn;t count towards moving up.
          <a href="http://www.groomwise.typepad.com/grooming_smarter" target="_blank">My Blog</a> The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why. –Mark Twain

Comment

I have a problem...

we are going to have our first competition here in the PNW. OK, so looking at the IJA rules, I'd class myself as 'B'...Interm. class. But it looks like we'll be going with rules that only have Novice or Advanced. So where do you put yourself in a case like this? I feel I'm over qualified for Novice, but not at Expert level....

I've never entered an IJA competition, and the last grooming competition I did enter was 10 years ago, and wasn't under IJA rules, and no I didn't place. I am a CMG, but does that classification put me into Expert class? I don't feel like I am at that level. Confused.

Comment

Pam, you likely meet the criteria for Novice. Read the rules again. You ahve no wins? You go ionto Novice. CMG status is not relevant to this competition at all. I just dropped down a division because I still meet their requirements for B......I expect flack, but the rules say I can, so I did.

Comment

Originally posted by Particentral View Post
                Pam, you likely meet the criteria for Novice. Read the rules again. You ahve no wins? You go ionto Novice. CMG status is not relevant to this competition at all. I just dropped down a division because I still meet their requirements for B......I expect flack, but the rules say I can, so I did.
                Ugggg Debi! What classes will you be in at APF? ...against me lol

Comment

Okay then....I'm going to the Pac. NW show and have NEVER Competed; so I'm guessing I'd be entering the novice class even though I've been groomign 20 years??????
                  ~*~*~Shawn, C.M.G.~*~*~
                  Apparently common sense isn't all that common
                  *~*~emipoo on egroomer*~*~*

Comment

Originally posted by LexPauline View Post
                    Ugggg Debi! What classes will you be in at APF? ...against me lol
                    I am entered in Sporting, Non-sporting small and PotPourri. and yeah, against you...so kick my butt!

Originally posted by Moonpiepoodlz View Post
                    Okay then....I'm going to the Pac. NW show and have NEVER Competed; so I'm guessing I'd be entering the novice class even though I've been groomign 20 years??????
                    You would enter novice. The years grooming does not play into it. Only competition wins and placements.

Comment

I can never seem to find a sporting dog ...but yes I plan on it ;D

Comment

the poodle i have is wickedly nice. Former show dog. Awesome dog. the mix is still up in the air. I have 5 to choose from. I HAVE a nice cocker or two or three....LOL

SO since poodles are my weakest groom PLEASE dont hesitate! I am doing her to learn. I am getting better though. I really think I might have figured out a few things since my last go round with SNS.

Comment

My mom would love to do a cocker if you would like to lend one let me know (shes in A div.). I'm shopping and relaxing that day screw that lol. Plus I can't really hand strip ..I can bevel like no tomorrow though I lost my poodlington so I am stuck with a PIA shih-tzu who MAY work out, but I'm gonna have to nail it if I plan on placing. Poodles are my weakest as well. My SNS is is a Scand. and I do not even have the basic tie up/spray up down lmao.

Comment

Sorry, I can't loan the last one out cause she blew coat when she was in season. It's coming in nicey just not anywhere NEAR rady to compete with. Scott is using one and I am using Kermit. Next time though, just let me know in advance.

Comment

ok so if I entered the pacific northwest shows grooming competitions the last time they were her like eons ago. And I was in the b or open in that show and got the difficulty award I should still be in the open class correct?

Comment

Working...
                              X